Ms261 at louisville, ky expo....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty sad when it's $100 more than the closest competitor. The 346 lists for $489, and I get them for $440. Hard to justify that much coin for a 50cc saw. But MAN, do I want one, lol!!!!!

BTW, my dealer talked to the distributor, Bryan Equipment, and we won't be seeing them until the 240 remaining MS260s are sold:( My dealer only sells maybe 2 MS260s/year, and won't be ordering any more.

It's pretty sad when it's $100 more than the closest competitor. The 346 lists for $489, and I get them for $440. Hard to justify that much coin for a 50cc saw. But MAN, do I want one, lol!!!!!

BTW, my dealer talked to the distributor, Bryan Equipment, and we won't be seeing them until the 240 remaining MS260s are sold:( My dealer only sells maybe 2 MS260s/year, and won't be ordering any more.

Why don't they just donate the remaining 260s to museums - after all, that is where they belong! :laugh::laugh:

Where do you have that number from? - the standard version of the MS261 is listed at 11.6lbs - and remember that I was referring to the heavier C-Q version, not the standard one!

Yes, 11.6. My bad. You are still comparing apples and oranges, the C-Q version does not weigh what a C-Q version 361 weighed, and you can't buy a 361 anymore for the most part. Whats your beloved 346xpnevrsdfg weigh with the trio brake? BTW, the C-Q is way slicker than that cluster bang setup.

Yes, 11.6. My bad. You are still comparing apples and oranges, the C-Q version does not weigh what a C-Q version 361 weighed, and you can't buy a 361 anymore for the most part. Whats your beloved 346xpnevrsdfg weigh with the trio brake? BTW, the C-Q is way slicker than that cluster bang setup.

You are right about the apples and oranges - you must be the only one that didn't understand that my post was a joke! ;)

The 346 is on it's way out also. Maybe there is a spot in the museum beside the 260 where it can sit.:laugh:

That one is much younger - almost from this century (1999 really) - and it is not due for replacement just yet. ;)

I have seen rumors about a 550xp and 2012 in Sweden though - as usual, time will show!

:cheers:

The 346 is on it's way out also. Maybe there is a spot in the museum beside the 260 where it can sit.:laugh:

Great, now they'll wax on about the old saws even more. Lotta them at the hardware store, big box store, farm store, bout the only places you don't see em is at the grocery store and at a Husky dealer-none of them here.

OK, once and for all,,,,,,,,,what is the actual weight of the regular new 261, and what is the actual weight of the 346 new edition? I won't even go into power comparisons......just the weight. I know this has been hashed out,,,,but I haven't looked back into the old threads.

Now I love Stihl saws as well as Huskys,,,,,,,this debate just keeps going on and on.

Great, now they'll wax on about the old saws even more. Lotta them at the hardware store, big box store, farm store, bout the only places you don't see em is at the grocery store and at a Husky dealer-none of them here.

I don't understand their thought process on the 'net sales. They might be in the grocery stores after all...:D

That one is much younger - almost from this century (1999 really) - and it is not due for replacement just yet. ;)

I have seen rumors about a 550xp and 2012 in Sweden though - as usual, time will show!

:cheers:

The "replacements" and when they come out are up to the EPA. Tough if we don't like it, pack up on old school or run with the new dogs!:D

OK, once and for all,,,,,,,,,what is the actual weight of the regular new 261, and what is the actual weight of the 346 new edition? I won't even go into power comparisons......just the weight. I know this has been hashed out,,,,but I haven't looked back into the old threads.

Now I love Stihl saws as well as Huskys,,,,,,,this debate just keeps going on and on.

The 346 is a little over 11lbs. IIRC. The 260 is the last of the light 50cc saws.

I like my 346, but love my ratty old 026's. No matter how long the 026's sit un used 3 pulls and they're running, never failed once.

ok, once and for all,,,,,,,,,what is the actual weight of the regular new 261, and what is the actual weight of the 346 new edition? I won't even go into power comparisons......just the weight. I know this has been hashed out,,,,but i haven't looked back into the old threads.

Now i love stihl saws as well as huskys,,,,,,,this debate just keeps going on and on.

260= 10.78
261=11.6
346xp=11
5105=11.2

Last edited:
260= 10.78
261=11.6
346xp=11
5105=11.2

I guess then that the 261 is going to have to have some "zip" to outdo the 346 for sure. Got to love the brand arguments though.

BTW, I have a 260 and I like it,,,,,but those 346's must be built of diamonds from what I hear around this site!!! haha!

Latest posts

Back