Ms261 at louisville, ky expo....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I'd like to try one out. It has some work to do if it wants to knock the 346xp off the hill though. The weight should be close to the same. It would have to be a bigger difference in HP over the 260 than the 362 is over the 361 to do it for sure. The balance of the saw is what I want to try it out for. See how it feels in the hands. Thats usually what sells a saw on me. ;)

Y'all remember that cat, STIHLTHEDEERE?

He was claiming to have a 261 in his dealership back in like June! :laugh:

I remember Snelling called him out on it and he has'nt been back on since. What a douche! Now here it is November and the only thing we have to look forward to is the Rut!

I was reading on the net and found that some guys from a Bryant Equipment company had a non badged ms261, they let a friend make a few quick cuts and he stated "no real impressions except for lack of vibration"
I dont understand that as if Im right they upped the hp from 3.2 to 3.8 therefor, one would imagine that would make quite a difference.......

Just quoting manufacturer weights. I am sure they don't lie by more than a few ounces either way:)

The Dolmar numbers are the most "optimistic" ones on that list.

Small weight differences doesn't matter that much - the layout of the design and the handling quality is much more important! :)

I don't have to run the MS261 to conclude that it will not be great in that regard, as is the case with the Dolmar!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back