MSA300+AP500s=Frustration & less productivity.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a nice October day 70 75. 1 500 battery all the way up, set a pull line cut the face and the back cut
I was down to 1 bar she was running slow, I was ready to hammer it and wanted a ready saw to cut so I swapped batteries just for the finish. I have a 16 inch on a 261 I would have been on the end a second tank and needed oil,
The neighbors were very happy I was Eco friendly.
It is a bit quieter the the 261 and 462 but not much when your working it, muffs are needed for all day.
I’ve been known to due some say dark time work. “ honey wasn’t there a tree there yesterday” up in a tree a ways away just doesn’t draw much attention, not the case with a gasser.

I call 100% BS that ONE AP500s battery ran for more than 1 tank of fuel on an MS261--no friggin' way! Maybe if you ran the MSA300 on the lowest speed/power level you might equal 1 tank but your productivity would be garbage. And what's the point of cutting longer but slower?

The 261 is my go-to saw for most things so I probably have more time on that saw than any other and I can cut for a long time on one tank--waaaaayyyyy longer than one AP500s. Yes I was running a 20" on my MSA300 so I am willing to allow for some runtime increase due to the shorter bar but I still call absolute BS that 1 battery equaled 1 tank of gas--I use a lot of Stihl battery tools and none of them ever have runtimes equal to 1 tank of fuel in their gas counterpart.

Depends on how you're using it. Walking and trimming here and there while letting the gas saw idle, sure you could go through a lot of fuel before you go through one battery. Stand up and buck, bar buried making chips, not a chance.

Latest posts

Back