My current technique for cylinder sanding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m posting this in case it’s useful to another newbie. I’ve been using my drill l with a wooden dowel with a slot cut in the end to hold sandpaper. I have a work sharp knife sharpener and realized that the sanding belts might be perfect. I get 3 pieces out of each loop and they come in various grits. I just order generic ones onlineIMG_4694.png

the only thing I would be careful about that if it,s too agessive on metal it could start taking your nicosil off- just taking the transfer off iis what we want to do- I just use the red stuff with a holder on my Foredom at a farely middle speed- making sure it's in the cyliner before i press the peddel- just tured down a 1/4 inch nail on one end on may lathe to make sure it was true and cut a slot in the other end where i cut the head off or point on the tip end and really good control did it for years with my drill but like this better wear safety glsses or full face---- imo

Latest posts

Back