New SpeedPro Kinetic Log Splitter from TSC...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
splitter

you got to fill out your warrinty on line..and there going to send everyone tht bought one another ram.. one thats heat treated properly.. talked to them today..

Not $1000 saved.

Ya no biggy on the part replacement, the way I look at it is if I can do it anybody can (although I could save them som expence). Thanks for the heads up on the screws also. I'll check mine before I use again.

Once again, Speeco is very big in the splitter sales and it's good to hear they are taking care of the problem.

Sorry, I have to say it, I saved over $1000 dollars, I'm still way ahead of the game. Still not disappointed with my purchase at all.

DR Rapid Fire right now cost $2,295. NO TAX but delivery charge not included.
You spent what $1800.00 with TAX .
I have split 15 cords with my DR Rapid Fire without a hiccup since Oct 13th. I am splitting more today.
I am not saying you made a bad purchase. I hope once the issue is settled you get years of service out of the Speedco.
Your parts are not available, seems to me, for they haven't engineered the hardened parts as yet and you will not be getting them none too soon.
Some of the best Tech and Customer Service I've ever had is with Country Home Products (DR).
On their website the tout the HARDENING they have already put in place on their machine.
I am not losing money from down time. Mine is made in the USA except the fly wheels and the 6hp Subuaru engine.
Would you buy the Yugo or the Minicooper?:confused:

Hey nysparkie, how long did it take for delivery of the DR. I broke 2 different Speedco's in 3 weeks and I'm leaning towards the DR. Until I get a new splitter the woods just piling up.

DR Delivery

Hey nysparkie, how long did it take for delivery of the DR. I broke 2 different Speedco's in 3 weeks and I'm leaning towards the DR. Until I get a new splitter the woods just piling up.

Two weeks give or take.. I had mine truck shipped to a local Authorized DR Dealer. It was cheaper to have it delivered to him and I pay the sales tax than have it shipped directly to me and not pay the sales tax. Why? I can't figure it out but it was. He then set it up for me. All I had to do was take a trailer with some chunks with me so he could see it in action. He is a Stilh Dealer and was impressed with the speed. I told him he was free to give out my address if anyone wanted to see a RapidFire in action.

From the RapidFire thread: Smile DR RapidFire -- Fantastic splitter!! #251

Ordered this splitter on a Monday afternoon and the truck line called me on Thursday that it was available for pick up.

Have split several cords with this splitter and I am very well pleased. I heard about the TSC one after I had ordered this DR RapidFire and thought maybe I had made a mistake. But after receiving this machine and then getting a look at the TSC chinese one, the DR is so much better quality , I am so glad I bought it. Little Subaru engine starts and runs great and has a pull start back up to the electric. I would suggest buying the log tray with the machine -- it works so well I can't see using this splitter without it.

Last edited:
Missing the point

DR Rapid Fire right now cost $2,295. NO TAX but delivery charge not included.
You spent what $1800.00 with TAX .
I have split 15 cords with my DR Rapid Fire without a hiccup since Oct 13th. I am splitting more today.
I am not saying you made a bad purchase. I hope once the issue is settled you get years of service out of the Speedco.
Your parts are not available, seems to me, for they haven't engineered the hardened parts as yet and you will not be getting them none too soon.
Some of the best Tech and Customer Service I've ever had is with Country Home Products (DR).
On their website the tout the HARDENING they have already put in place on their machine.
I am not losing money from down time. Mine is made in the USA except the fly wheels and the 6hp Subuaru engine.
Would you buy the Yugo or the Minicooper?:confused:

Sorry, but I just priced out the DR. $2822.95 with table. And I also would have a 2 hour round trip to depot for pickup, otherwise add another $100 for to your door ship. $1003.96 difference.

Not to mention the dr is not towable. DR told me if i modified it in any way shape or form, it would void the warranty completely. It has to be at least somewhat towable for me to get it from the shop to my work area, it's uphill and just to far to push. Deal breaker to me...I won't leave it at my work area, too many things "walking away" as it is. Nobody is saying the DR is a bad machine, just that DR is a copycat...Upside is they copied a great machine.

I've seen that some of the SS owners in this site have modified there splitters so they could be towed (not for highway use but more for just "to the woods"). I don't know if they talked to Paul at SS about that or not. That is one thing I forgot to ask when I talked to him about SS pricing. Which was $3100 for the "HD" and $2800 for the "J" model, delivered to the same depot as the DR (2 hr. round trip).

Again, I've saved between $1000 to $1300. Which by the way, $1400 was my whole budget for a new splitter BEFORE I started shopping. So, again, I got a kinetic splitter (speedpro) for $400 more than my original budget. So, I'll deal with the issues.

Fwi, I've had zero problems with my splitter. If I do, then I will worry about what to do next. I do know this, after using a kinetic splitter, it would be extremely hard to go back to hydraulic.

And as for the yugo vs. minicoop...Well my wife and I had a similar (no yugo, lol) situation a few yrs ago...except if was Cavalier vs. Beetle vs. Minicoop. We went with the beetle. Wife thought it was "cuter" (sold it after a couple yrs.)! Fyi...my wife now drives a "mexican" made GMC YukonXL and I drive an American made Chevy truck (2002 and a 1998 respectively). We buy American whenever possible. But sometimes you have to follow your needs while obeying your budget. I needed a splitter for around $1400.

Last edited:
Took me two weeks for the DR as well. Roughly, cost me $1k more than the SpeeCo. But, as previously stated, no downtime so far.

Lack of towing does stink. But, I am working on a theory will a couple of empty brackets they have on the machine that may make localized (non-highway) towing possible.:msp_wink: If I need to move sites, I just roll it up on the landscape trailer.

Sorry, but I just priced out the DR. $2822.95 with table. And I also would have a 2 hour round trip to depot for pickup, otherwise add another $100 for to your door ship. $1003.96 difference.

Not to mention the dr is not towable. DR told me if i modified it in any way shape or form, it would void the warranty completely. It has to be at least somewhat towable for me to get it from the shop to my work area, it's uphill and just to far to push. Deal breaker to me...I won't leave it at my work area, too many things "walking away" as it is. Nobody is saying the DR is a bad machine, just that DR is a copycat...Upside is they copied a great machine.

I've seen that some of the SS owners in this site have modified there splitters so they could be towed (not for highway use but more for just "to the woods"). I don't know if they talked to Paul at SS about that or not. That is one thing I forgot to ask when I talked to him about SS pricing. Which was $3100 for the "HD" and $2800 for the "J" model, delivered to the same depot as the DR (2 hr. round trip).

Again, I've saved between $1000 to $1300. Which by the way, $1400 was my whole budget for a new splitter BEFORE I started shopping. So, again, I got a kinetic splitter (speedpro) for $400 more than my original budget. So, I'll deal with the issues.

Fwi, I've had zero problems with my splitter. If I do, then I will worry about what to do next. I do know this, after using a kinetic splitter, it would be extremely hard to go back to hydraulic.

And as for the yugo vs. minicoop...Well my wife and I had a similar (no yugo, lol) situation a few yrs ago...except if was Cavalier vs. Beetle vs. Minicoop. We went with the beetle. Wife thought it was "cuter" (sold it after a couple yrs.)! Fyi...my wife now drives a "mexican" made GMC YukonXL and I drive an American made Chevy truck (2002 and a 1998 respectively). We buy American whenever possible. But sometimes you have to follow your needs while obeying your budget. I needed a splitter for around $1400.

I find your prices really out there. Unless shipping to your home is like $500.00?

$500 savings right now for 2295.00
Splitting Table now 299.00
TOTAL 2594.00 (Shipping $$$ Where do you live? How much)
TAX 0.00
SPEEDCO 1800.00
TAX 7% 126.00
Total 1926.00

DR 2594.00 (Less Shipping)
Speedco 1926.00
Total Difference 668.00 (Again less shipping)
I don't know where you save between 1000.00 to 1300.00 dollars - It just isn't there in the price difference.
I had mine shipped to an authorized DR Dealer and paid no shipping. They have a list of them at Customer Service
You can have it shipped there for PU. You'll pay the sales tax then. Here in NY I pay 8.5%.
Numbers here for thought. I do not a Chinese Machine. I have not had trouble with mine.
I have a free 3 year warranty. I have a free one year hands on no Bull return.
I have arguably one of the Best Customer Service and Tech Support systems I have ever used.

Anyone is free, at this time in this Country, to buy what and from whom. If you are happy with yours. I am happy for you.

Simple Math

I find your prices really out there. Unless shipping to your home is like $500.00?

$500 savings right now for 2295.00
Splitting Table now 299.00
TOTAL 2594.00 (Shipping $$$ Where do you live? How much)
TAX 0.00
SPEEDCO 1800.00
TAX 7% 126.00
Total 1926.00

DR 2594.00 (Less Shipping)
Speedco 1926.00
Total Difference 668.00 (Again less shipping)
I don't know where you save between 1000.00 to 1300.00 dollars - It just isn't there in the price difference.
I had mine shipped to an authorized DR Dealer and paid no shipping. They have a list of them at Customer Service
You can have it shipped there for PU. You'll pay the sales tax then. Here in NY I pay 8.5%.
Numbers here for thought. I do not a Chinese Machine. I have not had trouble with mine.
I have a free 3 year warranty. I have a free one year hands on no Bull return.
I have arguably one of the Best Customer Service and Tech Support systems I have ever used.

Anyone is free, at this time in this Country, to buy what and from whom. If you are happy with yours. I am happy for you.

Your math is correct on the DR...
Shipping to ft. wayne indiana depot(2 hrs round trip) is $228.00. $2594.95 + $228 = $2822.95. Speedpro is $1699.99 plus 7% IN sales tax comes to...$1818.98.
A difference of...$1003.97 (i was off .01).
No dealers even remotely close.
Can't add hitch without voiding all that warranty and return policy.
And... I don't have an extra grand.

I'm sure DR makes good equipment. I still don't understand why you keep writing about your rapidfire in the speedpro thread. Most of the people in this thread have not had a problem with there equipment. If they did, speeco took care of them. I'm sure when DR gets a large number of there splitters out on the market, they will eventually have some sort of problem with something. Or maybe not. Time will tell. Speeco has been around a long time and has sold a lot of splitters. The more you sell the more problems will show up. If somebody gets something they like, they tell a friend. If someone gets something they don't like...they tell everyone they know!!

Took me two weeks for the DR as well. Roughly, cost me $1k more than the SpeeCo. But, as previously stated, no downtime so far.

Lack of towing does stink. But, I am working on a theory will a couple of empty brackets they have on the machine that may make localized (non-highway) towing possible.:msp_wink: If I need to move sites, I just roll it up on the landscape trailer.

If you do add a hitch, of some sort, I wouldn't advertise it on this site...I'm sure someone from DR is watching these threads. I don't know whether they could trace thread replies back to you or not though. Just saying, when I asked about putting some sort of hitch on the DR, they were adamant about it voiding all warranties. I'm definately not trying to start something here, just pointing it out.

Ok

Your math is correct on the DR...
Shipping to ft. wayne indiana depot(2 hrs round trip) is $228.00. $2594.95 + $228 = $2822.95. Speedpro is $1699.99 plus 7% IN sales tax comes to...$1818.98.
A difference of...$1003.97 (i was off .01).
No dealers even remotely close.
Can't add hitch without voiding all that warranty and return policy.
And... I don't have an extra grand.

I'm sure DR makes good equipment. I still don't understand why you keep writing about your rapidfire in the speedpro thread. Most of the people in this thread have not had a problem with there equipment. If they did, speeco took care of them. I'm sure when DR gets a large number of there splitters out on the market, they will eventually have some sort of problem with something. Or maybe not. Time will tell. Speeco has been around a long time and has sold a lot of splitters. The more you sell the more problems will show up. If somebody gets something they like, they tell a friend. If someone gets something they don't like...they tell everyone they know!!

I saw on this thread where a Speeco Owner was returning his and is looking to buy a RapidFire or possibly Super Split. Others here have mad mention and have enven posted Youtube videos of the DR RapidFire - comparing apples to apples. I'm sure you are happy with the Speedco. When I ordered my RapidFire I didn't even know the Speedco was available or even made. Heck a TSC is only 8 miles from my house. If by chance I had seen one there I may have bought that instead. I'm happy I didn't only because I own other DR equipment and have found them to be totally reliable. If and when I needed help it was quick and professional. Yes they are more $$$. Made in America usually is compared to China. I sorry it was out of your price range but again you say you and yours are gellin and rockin. That is great. My best to you.

I have a buddy that is a pretty good fabricator. We are looking to make a cradle of some sort to just pull the RapidFire right up on/into it. Not altering a thing on the splitter. 1. We are looking at how to use the existing wheels/axel set-up. 2. Having a completely different axel and set of wheels with a upside down fender arrangment that the existing tires would just rest in. Strap it down to the frab frame and go. Not altering anything on the machine at all. If we get something done that is pretty decent I will post a pic and a cost, when it happens.

SpeedPro Quality Check

Has anyone on this thread had any trouble with there speedpro?? How are they running? Any returns??

Has anyone had or seen a rack issue yet? Replacement??

Lots of SpeedPro purchasers on here earlier...curious how things are going for them.

Or all we all just waiting (and still splitting)??

Curiosity is getting the best of me and I'm getting tired of arguing with the dr guys!!!

Just kidding... LOL. All input is appreciated. (although I do usually go to the dr thread to find out about the rapidfire).
:msp_confused::msp_sneaky::cool2:

no major problems with mine yet. no signs of wear on the rack @ 12 cords produced. I'm going to register mine and request a second rack so if it does break I hopefully have it in my hands before

Lumberjackmoe

No problems with mine. No signs of wear. I just wish the table were a bit larger. I might have a add on made. Speedpro and TSC have been more then helpful with me.

Running great

My SpeedPro is operating great. LOL on the DR talking heads:dizzy: "They're the best:msp_biggrin:"

I registered mine with SpeeCo online within days of purchase. Like BSD, I'm going to contact them and get my name in the hat for a replacement rack.

No Problems

My SpeedPro is operating great. LOL on the DR talking heads:dizzy: "They're the best:msp_biggrin:"

I registered mine with SpeeCo online within days of purchase. Like BSD, I'm going to contact them and get my name in the hat for a replacement rack.

I see all have been happy with their machines. Great. I hope none ever need that Hardened rack.

Good to hear

No breakage here either. Everythings working fine.

Lumberjackmoe...if you do a mod on your table, I'd love to see it.

It would be nice to have a spare rack...preferably one with two legs !!!:givebeer: :rock: :biggrinbounce2:

My Speed Pro Rack broke Thursday evening after about 15 cords ran through it. I returned the unit to TSC for refund no problems other than I have to wait 7-10 business days for a refund check. I am ordering super split today which came down to their lead time was less than rapidfire.

Back