Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check it out

Don't know if anyone cares, but a while ago I said I wanted to build my own saw, well I did it yesterday. Here it is, it's an older Micro 25 with a brand new S23 Arbor Pro cylinder and 2 ring piston, also went with the newest clutch and sproket, and I'm running a good WT20 carb. I had gotten the cases and covers from ebay for $7, I had the crank and rod and ignition and all other stuff also had a AV handle layin around. The bar on there is an old 16" banana from a Craftsman with a Oregon safety chain, I have since ordered an Oregon 14" Pro 91 with a 140VXL chain. Anyway it's cool as hell and has some decent power for 38cc.

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-3.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

.:agree2:
And Great looking Power Mac 6!
Rep to follow.
CSW

Thanks, I got the Mac 6A about 10 years ago free as it didn't run, I replaced the points with an electronic ignition and found a brand new carb on ebay for $7, the saw runs really good.

Thanks, I got the Mac 6A about 10 years ago free as it didn't run, I replaced the points with an electronic ignition and found a brand new carb on ebay for $7, the saw runs really good.

I got mine free as well, it needed a recoil pulley. Funny thing is that I over looked the saw and let it sit at the shop for a few months. It was in a small case, I assummed it was just another Mini Mac. lol

Mark
Now that I have a great 4200 and a even better and newer 8500, what do I have to look forward to in the Poulan line. Perhaps some of the Partner/Poulans?
Is there anything better than the 5200/8500? Line? :rockn:

I'm not sure that I can say for you. One mans junk is another mans treasure.

Besides the 8500 I would like a 6900 or a 7700 as well. I also think my 71-A is cool as hell. Then theres that certain gear drive on my wish list.

I will be dissapointed if somebody doesn't mention to you that this is a Poulan thread and you are out of line with your Mac.

I just want to make sure that we are all equally picked on.....

I like them all.

Ok, guys get that dang Mac out of here! :ices_rofl:

Well Steve, at least he didn't post a picture of it all by itself.

I like lots of them too but I'm not going to the Pioneer thread and post a picture of my Poulans there. ;)

Ok, guys get that dang Mac out of here! :ices_rofl:

Well Steve, at least he didn't post a picture of it all by itself.

I like lots of them too but I'm not going to the Pioneer thread and post a picture of my Poulans there. ;)

Haha lol, I only own three non poulan saws, the Mac 6, a Homie 240, and a 55cc Jenn Feng sears saw. The Homie is sold, and the 55cc is going to my step pop for free. My next buy I want a MINT 3400, and am willing to pay a few bucks for it.

Don't know if anyone cares, but a while ago I said I wanted to build my own saw, well I did it yesterday. Here it is, it's an older Micro 25 with a brand new S23 Arbor Pro cylinder and 2 ring piston, also went with the newest clutch and sproket, and I'm running a good WT20 carb. I had gotten the cases and covers from ebay for $7, I had the crank and rod and ignition and all other stuff also had a AV handle layin around. The bar on there is an old 16" banana from a Craftsman with a Oregon safety chain, I have since ordered an Oregon 14" Pro 91 with a 140VXL chain. Anyway it's cool as hell and has some decent power for 38cc.

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-3.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Real nicework. That saw looks great

If this wasn't the Poulan thread I'd tell you two senior members that you're behaving like people that dismiss Poulans because of the recent saws, which we all know is not smart. Just as there is something about the lime green ones, there's something about yellow ones also, if they are older anyways.

That said, keep this about Poulan. Like about how we favor the green ones over the yellow, at least most of the time. Anybody have some spare parts for a 4000, like a coil assy? Does it have points? I can find that out meself also. Found one. And a 306A. And what I think is a 2800. No yellow. Yee hah!

If this wasn't the Poulan thread I'd tell you two senior members that you're behaving like people that dismiss Poulans because of the recent saws, which we all know is not smart. Just as there is something about the lime green ones, there's something about yellow ones also, if they are older anyways.

That said, keep this about Poulan. Like about how we favor the green ones over the yellow, at least most of the time. Anybody have some spare parts for a 4000, like a coil assy? Does it have points? I can find that out meself also. Found one. And a 306A. And what I think is a 2800. No yellow. Yee hah!

What!!!!!

Back