Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mystery Green

Does anyone know what this is? I figured it's green I will start here. Just got back from Iowa last night didn't have time to wipe through all the grime...I mean preservative coating...

attachment.php

If this wasn't the Poulan thread I'd tell you two senior members that you're behaving like people that dismiss Poulans because of the recent saws, which we all know is not smart. Just as there is something about the lime green ones, there's something about yellow ones also, if they are older anyways.

That said, keep this about Poulan. Like about how we favor the green ones over the yellow, at least most of the time. Anybody have some spare parts for a 4000, like a coil assy? Does it have points? I can find that out meself also. Found one. And a 306A. And what I think is a 2800. No yellow. Yee hah!

I think we were just having a little fun, No one involved in this thread would trash or dissmiss the brand. This thread is to promote the green saws, and show naysayers that Poulan might have been more on target with $tihl & Husquvarna in the 70's and 80's than the other manufactures.
Jim

poulan wild thing 2375

The fuel lines are gone,and I need a schematic or routing to put new ones on.Anybody as a diagram?Thanks

If this wasn't the Poulan thread I'd tell you two senior members that you're behaving like people that dismiss Poulans because of the recent saws, which we all know is not smart. Just as there is something about the lime green ones, there's something about yellow ones also, if they are older anyways.

That said, keep this about Poulan. Like about how we favor the green ones over the yellow, at least most of the time. Anybody have some spare parts for a 4000, like a coil assy? Does it have points? I can find that out meself also. Found one. And a 306A. And what I think is a 2800. No yellow. Yee hah!

Well Jeff you may have a point but maybe not. Is those newer Mac's with the flames that are made in Taiwan fair game for critque? If so I say there junk compared to a made in the USA Wild thing! :)

As you say we can compare those top handle Macs to there Poulan conterparts and the Poulans win out hands down.

I have had more then a few Mac's pass through here and saw for saw they all end up leaving as they cannot measure up to there Poulan counterparts as far as I'm concerned.

Not saying they were junks, and some are perfectly good but I would rather have a 306A any day compared to a 10-10, a 245A to a PM700, a Poulan micro to a Mini Mac, a S25da to a PM6.

Do I have to say it out loud that I would rather have a 3700 compared to a PM610?

And this is the Poulan thread, and I think that its not out of line here. They can say whatever they want about the Poulans in the Mac thread as far as I'm concerned.

Now to your question, no the 4000 does not have points, the coils rarely go out, is the mag dirty? I may have a coil for it, I will have to look. Seems you found 3 pretty good versions of the Poulans, the 4000 and 306 are outstanding in there class. I have not ran a 2800 but there only 46cc so the power to weight ratio is probably not outstanding on it since its the smallest displacement of that series.

I think we were just having a little fun, No one involved in this thread would trash or dissmiss the brand. This thread is to promote the green saws, and show naysayers that Poulan might have been more on target with $tihl & Husquvarna in the 70's and 80's than the other manufactures.
Jim

Yep I was mostly funnin :cheers: I'm sure Mike was too.

fuel line schematic

The IPL's I have looked at only show part #"s, Poulan has IPL's available
for download, the newer saws with primer bulbs have a suction line
from tank filter to air purge bulb, then a feed line to carburetor and a return line
from carburetor back to tank or a similar arrangement.

Last edited:
another use for S25's

I have a Granberg (the chainsaw mill company) Clip-N-Trim attachment
mounted on mine, I can cut the briars and brambles away from tree
first & then use the 4200 for falling & bucking without danger from tripping.

Poulan 4200 Recoil spring and disc

Well the recoil spring broke and I'm missing the disc that goes over the spring. Part #'s are 530042037 for the spring and 530042041 for the disc. Anyone have a source? Had to borrow my 5200 recoil assembly to start the saw. Thanks, Bob

Well here's my 3800 with her brand new 24" Oregon Power Match bar and 72LGX chain. Unfortionately it won't be mine for long as it's sold, but it also won't be my last big Poulie. Lol

24.jpg

oregon.jpg

Well Jeff you may have a point but maybe not. Is those newer Mac's with the flames that are made in Taiwan fair game for critque? If so I say there junk compared to a made in the USA Wild thing! :)

As you say we can compare those top handle Macs to there Poulan conterparts and the Poulans win out hands down.

I have had more then a few Mac's pass through here and saw for saw they all end up leaving as they cannot measure up to there Poulan counterparts as far as I'm concerned.

Not saying they were junks, and some are perfectly good but I would rather have a 306A any day compared to a 10-10, a 245A to a PM700, a Poulan micro to a Mini Mac, a S25da to a PM6.

Do I have to say it out loud that I would rather have a 3700 compared to a PM610?

And this is the Poulan thread, and I think that its not out of line here. They can say whatever they want about the Poulans in the Mac thread as far as I'm concerned.

Now to your question, no the 4000 does not have points, the coils rarely go out, is the mag dirty? I may have a coil for it, I will have to look. Seems you found 3 pretty good versions of the Poulans, the 4000 and 306 are outstanding in there class. I have not ran a 2800 but there only 46cc so the power to weight ratio is probably not outstanding on it since its the smallest displacement of that series.

Yep I was mostly funnin :cheers: I'm sure Mike was too.

I think I misread jeff's post, I thought he meant we were bashing Poulans.:dizzy:
Jim

The IPL's I have looked at only show part #"s, Poulan has IPL's available
for download, the newer saws with primer bulbs have a suction line
from tank filter to air purge bulb, then a feed line to carburetor and a return line
from carburetor back to tank or a similar arrangement.

I have a saw that works the opposite way (ZAMA carb). Fuel tank to carb, carb to primer, primer return to tank.

Well the recoil spring broke and I'm missing the disc that goes over the spring. Part #'s are 530042037 for the spring and 530042041 for the disc. Anyone have a source? Had to borrow my 5200 recoil assembly to start the saw. Thanks, Bob

Ask Calvin, (Lawnmowertech37, he had the recoil parts for Woodchucker81's Poulan, I think it was a 4200 but I'm not sure.
Jim

got a guestion !!

so I've been tinkering with very beat old poulans.... one that seems to have promise has an electronic ign not points. it has the different fly wheel and all. I'm getting no spark at all is there a Lay mans way to cross check i have other on off switch's but only one coil for this saw i do have points flywheels and such for a points version i have a nice coil for a poulan 2000 but the bolt pattern does not line up????oh PS the saws are 25das....

Yeah, I came across pretty high minded there, but we know I'm not really that way. I agree with most of what you said, Mark, and it was you and Mike I was chastising, as you two I feel I know a little bit sos I can.

I may have to learn to post pictures on here, cause I'm thinking that the 46cc green saw that says super clean on the side (something to that effect) was made in 2001, so could that be a 2800 (he said with his fingers crossed).

Yes, you can run the new McName down here and in every other thread, until we start racing them anyways.

I have a saw that works the opposite way (ZAMA carb). Fuel tank to carb, carb to primer, primer return to tank.

Your right Brian. I think a lot of folks think that a primer bulb "pumps" fuel to the carb. When in fact, they draw fuel (suck) from carb and return it to the tank.
I don't have a handy diagram available. There should be a line from tank to carb. A line from the carb to the (suction) side of the primer bulb. And then a line from the exit side of primer bulb back to tank. I think thats the way it works.:)
:cheers:
Gregg,

I did and still do. Always worked anyways lol. I'll get around to issuing a recall someday. Haven't had to put my new knowledge into effect yet.

Back