Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are taking more space and compressing it into the same size space.
Compression WILL go up.

Seems to me bore size shouldn't make a differance. Isn't everything equal? Small bore, small space and larger bore, larger space. Isn't compressed air the same? Have a 3000 and pp305 that pull 150 comp with old rings. Agree that 3400's rarely pull more than 140 and will run strong with 120. Have 3700's and 4000's that are in the same range. Neither that I have will pull more than 140. Think its design more than anything else.

I bought a P3314 woodshark at Wally world for $99. I do all my limbing with it. It turned 4 years old this spring and I have run this thing hard and it has never failed me. I thought of buying a 235E for my limbing but the Poulan runs great. I figure for the price I would rather have two Poulans than one 14 inch 235 e Husky.

Just Had to do it. Resurected another saw from the "junk" pile on ebay. Being a Ford tractor guy, I recently did a 3400 in red belly colors, now I did a 4000 in Ford tractor blue.:) Not everybodys cup of tea I suppose, but I like em.

100_0230.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0194.jpg

Gregg,

Thanks Mike, I don't have any Allis orange, but I do have some New Holland yellow. LOL, One would probably look good yellow, but would look just like a Mac. im affraid. :) Hope the rain holds off your GTG today, just started raining a little here now.

Gregg,

I always thought the shape of the combustion chamber has the greatest affect on the compression. In chain saws my reasoning for the larger saws having lower compression on average than the little saws is for starting issues. As for bore size my cousin has a yz250 that has 245psi compression.

Just Had to do it. Resurected another saw from the "junk" pile on ebay. Being a Ford tractor guy, I recently did a 3400 in red belly colors, now I did a 4000 in Ford tractor blue.:) Not everybodys cup of tea I suppose, but I like em.

100_0230.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0194.jpg

Gregg,
They look awesome! that blue and white 4000 looks great in those colors, I like it better than mine. is that a rattle can job? looks great

Yep, its a rattle can job, Joe. Probably won't last, but good enough for me and the woods! :) The gray does look white in the pics, it was Ford blue & gray from TSC. They sell it in quarts also, and the hardner to mix. I didn't want to go to trouble and expence. But that would be the better way to go for sure. Oh, by the way, I did get the red 3400 running. Used a different carb and rebuilt that.

Gregg,

LOL, I know what your sayin Bob. It was the only spare bar I had around to put on it for now. A fellow could go broke buyin new bars and chains at this rate. Eventually it will get a different bar.:laugh:

Gregg,

I'm with ya on that subject. Need to get a 25 in bar and chain for my Ms441 and expect to shell out anywhere from $85.00 for Oregon or $100 for a Stihl! Doesn't even cover the 3 or 4 bars I need for my old Poulan project saws.
Bob

We Poulan guys need to find a deal on "bulk buy" bars and chains and pool our resources.
I can't believe how high they are getting.

Latest posts

Back