Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea Joe, Not that you will ever get rich from that saw, I believe I would hang on to it. Be hard not to use it though. If there anything like cars or tractors or whatever, seems the original condition, little used stuff is worth more than a restored version of the same thing.:clap:

Gregg,

I tell you what we ought to do, that's start a Poulan Rescue for abused and abandoned saws. They (thank God) have those for every breed of dog imaginable. Why not a Poulan rescue?
How's this for our logo;
TheOldPoulanRescue.org
" Send us your tired, your poor, your hudled crankcases collecting dust....We'll pay the shipping!"

Yeah haha ive rescued a few! il rescue more too. I dont use the 3.7 that much cause i have the 3400 dayton and the 4000. But i did use the 3.7 to cut some big oak and dropped some pine trees with my buddy with it. Its like using a new saw, and tough not to grab it knowing that.

I tell you what we ought to do, that's start a Poulan Rescue for abused and abandoned saws. They (thank God) have those for every breed of dog imaginable. Why not a Poulan rescue?
How's this for our logo;
TheOldPoulanRescue.org
" Send us your tired, your poor, your hudled crankcases collecting dust....We'll pay the shipping!"

sounds good but who will do the website hosting lol

i tell you i will volunteer to do the hosting part

a site like this who will use there land to store these old saws ?

i dont have the room thats for sure
and that domain is available theoldpoulanrescue.org

i guess it can be many people storing them

thats what dalmation rescue does is they have many volunteers across the usa

You got that right Nik! I was cutting wood couple weeks ago, when a friend of mine stopped by, another local farmer. We were talkin saws and was showin him my green 4000. He said the local grain elevator use to sell them Poulan saws. I moved here in 1986, and they didn't sell them then. But got me to thinking, how many of them are sittin around in barns around here, collecting dust! :cry:

Gregg,

No doubt there are lots of them just sitting around, Gregg. What really makes you sick is to think of the ones that get thrown in a dumpster either to get crushed or put in a landfill. Every time I get one from someone who doesn't want to spend the money to get a new fuel line or simple adjustment I thank them for not throwing it away and going to the trouble to post it on CL or such. I've gotten two like that recently that a few years ago even I would have probably pitched rather than go to the trouble. My 7700 is one. Just wouldn't have recognized the value to someone else. Didn't know people collected chainsaws. The guy who sold me the S25 AV put a thank you note in with it. I doubt he wanted to clean it up and he acted like he didn't realize it was a running saw. The only thing I did to it besides cleaning was replace the fuel line because it was brittle.

Last edited:
I have lots of old poulans gave to me and got them running with just a fuel line or carb rebuild but I usually sell them because they are the little ones that don't thrill me, the little ones are a dime a dozen and once I get them going I never use them. Now the bigger ones are the ones werth hanging on to.:rock:

No doubt there are lots of them just sitting around, Gregg. What really makes you sick is to think of the ones that get thrown in a dumpster either to get crushed or put in a landfill. Every time I get one from someone who doesn't want to spend the money to get a new fuel line or simple adjustment I thank them for not throwing it away and going to the trouble to post it on CL or such. I've gotten two like that recently that a few years ago even I would have probably pitched rather than go to the trouble. My 7700 is one. Just wouldn't have recognized the value to someone else. Didn't know people collected chainsaws. The guy who sold me the S25 AV put a thank you note in with it. I doubt he wanted to clean it up and he acted like he didn't realize it was a running saw. The only thing I did to it besides cleaning was replace the fuel line because it was brittle.

steve when are you having a day off feel like traveling down here to help me go thru this inventory ?

a saturday would be better for me and if any of the guys near you want to come too thats ok

steve when are you having a day off feel like traveling down here to help me go thru this inventory ?

a saturday would be better for me and if any of the guys near you want to come too thats ok

Might be able to get away this Saturday, Calvin. Have to check with the boss lady. Jason (JT78) is the only one close and he works on Saturdays.

Might be able to get away this Saturday, Calvin. Have to check with the boss lady. Jason (JT78) is the only one close and he works on Saturdays.

let me know if you can and you will have first pick of these parts if you see anything you can use

i only made about 60.00 if that all weekend long so i did not sell hardly anything still waiting for that .99 cent catalog to open up full force to where i can get some buyers i know i have it advertised every forum i belong too

with my dad having lung cancer me facing bankruptcy still owe the attorney over 1000.00 dont see that happening cause orders have subsided i am going to call my attorney tommorrow and ask them if i can sell my hpc 1200 blitz code machine to another locksmith so i can get some funds up to give to them

Last edited:
reason i ask that question is i found a cylinder in a parts package i got about a year ago from someone in rocky mt nc has part # 12065 stamped on the package box and according to the 2300CVA ipl it looks identical to the cylinder so yes i have a cylinder dont know for how long though cause i have to wright down all the inventory so the trustee will have a copy they label to get this if it is not claimed

and if any of you all live close by why not come and look around and see if you can use any of this inventory i have and i guarantee you it wont be expensive prices

for example msrp on the cylinder i happen to have located is $ 76.93 i will let this cylinder go for below dealer cost it will be $ 43.99 it shows this cylinder is a 2.3

and according to the distributor it must be nla from poulan cause they dont show it as a stocked part

let me know if anyone is interested

just in case i have loaded it on my site since it looks like the last time it was updated was back in 2002 so chances are this is nla part

cause ordertree themselves have 0 in stock
and none on order

thing is i also have some seals part # 530019035 looks like i have a pack of 5 seals in that part # not sure what these go too

but i will include them in the package with that cylinder
http://www.cmsmallengines.net/poulan-cylinder-poulan-part-530012065-530-012065-for-2300cva-saw-.html

Calvin, I know what those seals fit and I can use them. I have about 7 of the saws that use them and I am getting ready to do a total restore on one. Can you send me a PayPal invoice? PM me the details, but I wont get the message till tomorrow evening.

Help I.D. this saw. (please)

Hi, My nieghbor gave me this saw today. With the help of Lawnmowertech37 and others, we got it narrowed down to a sears-poulan. I think it may be a sears version of the Micro 25. Any of you Poulan gurus know for sure? There are no numbers on the outside of the saw anywhere. The comp. is only 35 so I know I will need rings, maybe piston. I have not tore it down yet to inspect it. I could measure the bore if that would help make positive I.D. Also would anybody have a I.P.L. for a saw like this? Any help would be great. Thank You

View attachment 106092

Yep thats a micro 25 for sure. Looks like a John Deere/Echo fuel cap on it.

I have a IPL for it, but if it needs a piston and cyl why bother with it? The cost would be too much for it, there are a slew of them out there that only need fuel lines and such.

Look what $10 got me at a flea market a few weeks ago. Yep, only needed fuel lines and a carb kit. Cost $10 to fix

attachment.php

mark i sent them seals out today you should get them in a few days thanks
calvin

im finding alot of old poulan stuff i dont have on my site im going to get a list of #s together and post it and see if anyone needs any of them #s i think saturday is free for me to do this

Last edited:
mark i sent them seals out today you should get them in a few days thanks
calvin

im finding alot of old poulan stuff i dont have on my site im going to get a list of #s together and post it and see if anyone needs any of them #s i think saturday is free for me to do this

Thanks Calvin. Those seals fit the oil pump cover on 306A/245A saws and are kinda hard to find.

Thats why I love the seal setups on those saws, you could say there double sealed on each side of the crank.

So what have I bought and gotten myself into? This think looks like it's seen very little use. It should clean up almost mint. I don't know a thing about these things, but I know Nik, Mike, and Andy love theirs, along with several other locals I haven't met. Can't be too much wrong with them:) I did get to run one of Mikes nice 4000s last Saturday. It did run well. Looks like I've got some learning to do about this lineup of saws. Are the 3400, 3700, 4000, and 4200 all built on the same chassis/design/size?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Calvin. Those seals fit the oil pump cover on 306A/245A saws and are kinda hard to find.

Thats why I love the seal setups on those saws, you could say there double sealed on each side of the crank.

im afraid of what else i may find seems like when i purchased left over items back in 2001 from a local small engine shop that went bankrupt back in 2001 they left behind alot of old parts and that stuff was in that bundle i still have not gone thru all of it cause of mosquitos are heavy in this region area and with that swine flu going around with these mosquitos im afraid to get biten by one

thats why im leary of mosquitos thats the only pest we have here that is agrivating

besides sand knats and deer flys but they been getting very low population the deer flys have they have not been very bad this year

but im going to tell the trustee for the bankruptcy here i am going to tell them these parts were l;eft over at a previous bankruptcy back in 2001 from another business

hopefully they will overlook these parts caujse i have some decent parts still for these older 245 and 306 and 3400 3700 and so on so hopefully i can get out there saturday to get a list together of what i have and assort poulan in one container and mcculloch in another and homelite in another and so on down to murray and ayp and mtd

even have some lawn boy in that bunch and snapper

cause this dealer was a mtd briggs tecumseh kohler ayp poulan snapper white homelite mcculloch echo dealer

i have parts in that shop that i do not have a clue what it goes too what brand it is etc some of it is skids that look like it fits a snowblower or something he also was a wheelhorse dealer which i found some wheelhorse belts in the bundle even have a complete mtd transmission that is that old chain driven type on the old mtd series

thats why i wish someone that is close enough to me can come here and see what they can use cause there is about 4000 to 8000 different part #s combined

Last edited:
So what have I bought and gotten myself into? This think looks like it's seen very little use. It should clean up almost mint. I don't know a thing about these things, but I know Nik, Mike, and Andy love theirs, along with several other locals I haven't met. Can't be too much wrong with them:) I did get to run one of Mikes nice 4000s last Saturday. It did run well. Looks like I've got some learning to do about this lineup of saws. Are the 3400, 3700, 4000, and 4200 all built on the same chassis/design/size?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brad that series topped out at the 4000. The 4200 started another chassis design. You will catch on quick, there no real mystery to them.

I have some IPLs and Service manuals for that series if you need them.

im afraid of what else i may find seems like when i purchased left over items back in 2001 from a local small engine shop that went bankrupt back in 2001 they left behind alot of old parts and that stuff was in that bundle i still have not gone thru all of it cause of mosquitos are heavy in this region area and with that swine flu going around with these mosquitos im afraid to get biten by one

thats why im leary of mosquitos thats the only pest we have here that is agrivating

besides sand knats and deer flys but they been getting very low population the deer flys have they have not been very bad this year

but im going to tell the trustee for the bankruptcy here i am going to tell them these parts were l;eft over at a previous bankruptcy back in 2001 from another business

hopefully they will overlook these parts caujse i have some decent parts still for these older 245 and 306 and 3400 3700 and so on so hopefully i can get out there saturday to get a list together of what i have and assort poulan in one container and mcculloch in another and homelite in another and so on down to murray and ayp and mtd

even have some lawn boy in that bunch and snapper

cause this dealer was a mtd briggs tecumseh kohler ayp poulan snapper white homelite mcculloch echo dealer

i have parts in that shop that i do not have a clue what it goes too what brand it is etc some of it is skids that look like it fits a snowblower or something he also was a wheelhorse dealer which i found some wheelhorse belts in the bundle even have a complete mtd transmission that is that old chain driven type on the old mtd series

thats why i wish someone that is close enough to me can come here and see what they can use cause there is about 4000 to 8000 different part #s combined

I wish I was closer, I would love to help go through those. I'd be like a kid in a candy store.

Latest posts

Back