Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this saw auto oiler with manual or manual only?

Auto with manual overide. There should be a pushrod and a plastic rectangular button that actuates the manual pump.

Edit: Looks like the crew has you covered. I have a service manual for the series if you want.

Well, I'm at wits end with my S25da's. I have two of my 5 I thought I'd test run. Well I can't keep a decent idle. Did a pressure test and sure enough there is a leak. Far as I can tell it's behind the oil pump. I know there is an impulse hole in the case that drives the pump, however there doesn't seem to be any air bubbles visible. Any thoughts? Saw s run great but I find the idle issue a nuisance.

New gaskets for both the body and cover of the pump? Did you rebuild the diaphragm? I know Randy (Hotshot) has much experience here. Check valve in the output line working? Some of those Walbro WA's can be pesky suckers.

It's funny all the super 25 talk as just today I was running mine also had my 038 sitting there waiting for the wood to get to big for the little super.... the 038 never got started.

There was two types super 25 AV or poulan 25 countervibe the mounts were different. I have both, i would look for just at 25AV the mounts are more sturdy than on the countervibe model.

Well, I'm at wits end with my S25da's. I have two of my 5 I thought I'd test run. Well I can't keep a decent idle. Did a pressure test and sure enough there is a leak. Far as I can tell it's behind the oil pump. I know there is an impulse hole in the case that drives the pump, however there doesn't seem to be any air bubbles visible. Any thoughts? Saw s run great but I find the idle issue a nuisance.

Pull the pump off and block off the impulse hole with a plug or whatever. I'll bet the leak is elsewhere.

Those saws also were known for the base gasket leaking causing idle issues you might check there.

I've got a soft spot for the little supers I've owned at least a dozen of them. I've got only three now a super 25DA, super 25AV and a orange wizard sold by Western auto. They are my money makers. Pick them up at the auctions for 5 bucks or less typical fuel system repair, air filter and a good cleaning, then they bring 75 bucks all day.

That square black button is the manual oiler button. No throttle lock on the 25's or the Micro's. Close the choke, squeeze the throttle and pull the cord.

They are little power houses.

I close the choke, pull till pop, close choke halfway, start, then throttle it, turn off choke rest way. Never gave throttle on start unless one was a hard starter.

I need to find an AV version. I have the rigid mount model. The worst saw I have run for vibration. Cuts very fast though.

I got a red AV version that runs in the batch of 3. I just got them to get into the right hands. Right now waiting on a guy in hurricane country.

Looking for rear handle saws I can sell local firewood cutter.

Bob,
My old post 36260 on page 1813 in this Poulan sticky thread has a solution that fixed all of mine.

Even if the diaphragm is good, it still leaks on that unsupported edge in the impulse channel. That cap cover should have been cast with a hole, not a slot...

got parts saw [roached top end] can get ya the button. lemme know anything else.

its a red one btw.
Cool. I'll try and diagnose what's wrong shortly.

We think his dad usually bought a new saw once one quit working for whatever reason. All of the saws he's showed me so far seem to be in great shape and have compression so I'm assuming it's fuel related.

1009161139.jpg New and improved Micro xxv. Swapped clutches and fuel cap with a 2300, and took the rubber hand grip with guard from a 2000. Even though the clutches looked different the 2300 works fine on it. Plus the original just had a bushing where the 2300 has a bearing. Runs much better now.

Latest posts

Back