NOCO Chargers are Garbage - What's a better brand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been using noco chargers and maintainer for years now. Im a big fan. Haven't had an issue with any of them yet. First one the shop bought. It's a 4 battery bank charger/ maintainer. 1 amp output per lead, 6/12 volt. Been keeping group 31p batteries that we keep in stock topped up for years now. I was impressed with it, so I got a g7200 7.2 amp charger. It gets used quite a bit, even use it to charge the kids power wheel batteries at one time. Have about a dozen different tenders going between my place, dad's and my wife's grand mother's house. Mix of noco, better tender and some other brand(s). No complaints there either. Have a big rolling snap-on charger too. It's got a few higher then normal charge settings and does 6/12/24 volt charging, and a few other features I don't use real often. It will act as a maintainer and power supply too. It's pretty heavy and cumbersome so I don't use it often. About 2 years ago, I ditched the heavy Schumacher jumper packs I had and replaced them with noco gbx75 unit. Work got the boost max 500 12/24v version shortly after. I won't ever go back to the heavy duel battery jump packs, that boost max 500 is a beast. Regularly use it to jump heavy equipment and as a power supply. Only down side it it does take pretty long to charge if its dead with the noco charger. Even the little one i got at home has no issues firing up a dead pickup/ Farm tractor diesel. (Biggest I've attempted is a 9L cummins, batteries weren't fully dead though.) I don't mind the usb c charging port on it. Plug it into a laptop charger and in an hour or so it's fully charged. Phone chargers take too long.

Back