Oil thread of October 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promac850

formerly promac610
Reaction score
I thought I'd start another oil thread. Figure the pot needed to be stirred again... :innocent:

Here's the scoop... I'm looking for a high quality synthetic oil that leaves minimal carbon deposits on parts, yet leaves a good amount of lubrication. Synthetic blends are a possibility... if you know of one that meets the above requirements then feel free to say something about it.

I read some have used Motul 800, but I am also looking at Royal Purple HP-2C, as well as Maxima Formula K2.

Any real world experience behind your lead(s) on quality oils would be appreciated... and for further information, I plan on running either 32:1 or 40:1 in my saws, weedwacker, and snowblower.

Red Armor, just took apart a WELL USED Husqvarna 580 and the insides were spotless, only a nice oil film.

Joe

I thought I'd start another oil thread. Figure the pot needed to be stirred again... :innocent:

Here's the scoop... I'm looking for a high quality synthetic oil that leaves minimal carbon deposits on parts, yet leaves a good amount of lubrication. Synthetic blends are a possibility... if you know of one that meets the above requirements then feel free to say something about it.

I read some have used Motul 800, but I am also looking at Royal Purple HP-2C, as well as Maxima Formula K2.

Any real world experience behind your lead(s) on quality oils would be appreciated... and for further information, I plan on running either 32:1 or 40:1 in my saws, weedwacker, and snowblower.

You could shoot it with you 45. I hear there is no one better than you

Did you shoot any pro macs that your asking $5000 that you had guys give you with your 308 at 1000000 yards?

Did you know a 308 will kill a elk?

Yawn... "I have a potty mouth". I sold the stuff to a trusted friend. He got it all for 300 bucks.

I thought so too....

One of 3 to ever be banned from SH

And who is the dumbass that bit hard on that line I was trolling? It wasn't me, that's for damn sure. Besides, I was only banned for a year. Too bad, so sad. For you, that is.

Back