Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE splitting ash with a splitting maul... Easiest splitting wood I know.
They like burning dead Ash up there a lot too...
Cause they never get ahead on their supply..

Cut it one week, burn it the next... And they seem to be getting away with it..
We processed up 6 dump trailer loads that day...
It was actually a pretty good time.. Farm boss party.. Seems that's the only saw any of those fellas know of..

It was actually a pretty good time.. Farm boss party.. Seems that's the only saw any of those fellas know of..
Them farm bosses are all we got round here. Sad thing is the owners have never ran anything else........ so they think there grrrrreat!

Evening everybody. I've nailed down the location for Charity Cut III. The camp, same place as the second one. For those that have not been there get with me and I will shoot you directions.
If everyone will PM me a contact number I would appreciate it just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. I understand we are looking at freezing rain, sleet and snow through Saturday so if ground conditions are bad next week we will postpone it. I don't want my friends sliding around and tearing up vehicles. I will update as conditions change.
Thanks guys
Steve

Damnedest thing ain't it. Burn enough green wood in a winter that would pretty near last 2 if it was good and dry. This is the voice of experience talking. It wasn't that many years ago that I HAD to cut a pickup load every week, just cause that's what it took to stay warm. Before I joined here, I was a tree to stove guy, and I'd bet I burned 15 cords a year. Dry wood got that down to 10 or less, now with a newfangled stove, I'll likely burn 6 or so this winter...

I spent a lot more time with a chimney brush in hand back then too.

Almost forgot, cut most of it with the almighty Farm Boss too!

Damnedest thing ain't it. Burn enough green wood in a winter that would pretty near last 2 if it was good and dry. This is the voice of experience talking. It wasn't that many years ago that I HAD to cut a pickup load every week, just cause that's what it took to stay warm. Before I joined here, I was a tree to stove guy, and I'd bet I burned 15 cords a year. Dry wood got that down to 10 or less, now with a newfangled stove, I'll likely burn 6 or so this winter...

I spent a lot more time with a chimney brush in hand back then too.

Almost forgot, cut most of it with the almighty Farm Boss too!

Reminds me when I was a kid in North MO. 90% of the wood we burned was ash and hickory. Not much oak in our area. Splitting frozen green ash made me feel like Superman. I remember one time cutting in the river bottom and it warmed up enough for the "bottom to fall out" of our path in and out. Ended pulling out half the load out of the 54 Ford p/u and throwing it in the tracks for traction to get out. That was a long day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Morning folks,winter is finally here,already reached the high for today,39,20's for the next week or so.
Cut a nice load of dead hedge yesterday,hope to get it split and stacked this morning. I'm still short of good dry wood, but this will cover me untill I can get back for some more.
Good to hear from you Steve, hope the rehab is coming along ok.

we got an old oil injector in the side of a wood furnace at the shop . We pump the dirty oil threw the used filters , then burn the diryt ones in a 6x6 pot i made to set in front of the burner ,can put brake fulid in it or other . Takes 4' wet wood to white ash and nailes from palletts along with empty filter cans in scrap steel .

Reminds me when I was a kid in North MO. 90% of the wood we burned was ash and hickory. Not much oak in our area. Splitting frozen green ash made me feel like Superman. I remember one time cutting in the river bottom and it warmed up enough for the "bottom to fall out" of our path in and out. Ended pulling out half the load out of the 54 Ford p/u and throwing it in the tracks for traction to get out. That was a long day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
So how you doing after the surgery? Hope you've got a good report.

Morning folks,winter is finally here,already reached the high for today,39,20's for the next week or so.
Cut a nice load of dead hedge yesterday,hope to get it split and stacked this morning. I'm still short of good dry wood, but this will cover me untill I can get back for some more.
Good to hear from you Steve, hope the rehab is coming along ok.

Yes it is glad I have several sticks of dry osage orange in my stack of burnables.

I feel great. Went into work Monday to help with some issues. They were surprised to see me 7 days after surgery. My PT went haywire when I told her what I did. Next time I won't tell her. :)

Some times doctors are over reactive Glad you are doing great.

Morning Kenneth,Carl, 15 degrees here this morning and might make it to 20 later. Need another cup of coffee before I go out and stoke the stove.
Kenneth, I'm realy sorry we couldn't get together last saturday,went to Iowa and stayed a few days.
Carl, I'll try and call you later and tell about my newest purchase.

Back