Pic Albums

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rob, sorry if i sounded like i was mad or yelling;) here's on of me learning to climb and use the saw in the tree. boss man was grounding for me:D no he didn't let me take the top down on that one, he did let me limb it though. then he took the top down:angel:

Ryan,

Don't worry I'm use to getting yelled at,but usually it's my girlfriend:laugh: It's good to see your learning to climb,I climb from time to time when I need too usually at least a few times a week,but I'd rather be on the ground or operating my equipment,but it's always good to know that you can climb.I learned how to climb when I turned 17 so I guess you could say I've been climbing for about 4 years now it's fun when you get the hang of it:D

Later Rob...

Ryan,

Those are some nice friends you got there:D :D but your missing something and I'll give you a hint it's not orange and white....Although I do like my 064AV for bucking and my 029S for limbing,I love this new 385XP for making most of my felling cuts...So how do you like your 046 Mag??I almost bought one of those a while back,but I got my first Husky instead..

Later Rob...

i really enjoy it, haven't knocked the top of yet though. want to though:angel:

no husky dealers near me unless you count lowes!! i've used them, good saws, i just have a really good stihl dealer gives me price breaks and if i need a part he can get it that day!!!! mid atlantic stihl is only 1 mile away from the dealer!!!!!!!

Ryan,

It's always good to have a good dealer around to get your saws and parts from especially one's that give you a price break,I don't think I'd be going and buying any saw from Lowes,I have a Stihl dealer about 3miles from me and a Husky dealer about 5 or 6 miles from me,I have always run Stihl saw's I still have and run my 009,011,029S,064AV,and my 044 that I just picked up for 200 bucks from a friend that needed the cash the saw is only a year old,I only have one Husky my 385XP,but I plan on buying a 3120 in the near future and possiblly a 346 for smaller stuff....

Later Rob...

i've been looking at the 346 myself but one major factor is the closest real dealer to me that i know of is 20 miles away!!:( and it doesn't help that i've had such good fortune with stihl:cool:

Ryan,

You wont be diappointed with the 346 they're a very good saw,do you guy's have a sales tax down there??If you do it might be cheaper to get one from my dealer I get a extremely good discount from him and there's no tax..

Later Rob..

you still might want to check it out. That 346xp is one of the best huskies and definately of any best in its class. Call that dealer up and see if he can compensate any for being so far away...free chains etc....

With all my stihl bashing over the years I finally got one of my own - a "good old one" - the 051. Struggling with an oiler problem, but I'm hoping to sort that out shortly with not too much money spent on parts. It seems a strong running saw, but have to get oil to the bar first before I can determine the torquer out for what it really is.:)

Originally posted by Ryan Willock
does the 346 have a master controll lever?? thumb operated?

I guess you could call it a master control lever - it's not really thumb operated though. The choke and the stop switch are on top of one another in front of your thumb.:)

Originally posted by StIhL MaGnUm
Otto,

What do you think about these 385's??

Later Rob....

I havent run one yet Rob, but from what Dennis tells me when they are tuned they eat tuned 372's for breakfast and sh*t out parts of stihls (lol). Seriously they have a really good power to weight ratio stock like the 046 but they tune up phenominally - so I'm told. Good old "nothing beats cubic inches" kind of deal, while still retaining a "daily driver" level of weight.:)

Otto,

Dennis and Dunn told me the same thing about a 40 -50 % increase,I've been thinking about having one done just have'nt had the time but I will soon,It's the first Husky I've ever had and I definetly like it alot,thinking about another Husky to add to the fleet....

Later Rob...

That was Otto's computer!
zxdrink.gif

Originally posted by StIhL MaGnUm
Otto,

Dennis and Dunn told me the same thing about a 40 -50 % increase,I've been thinking about having one done just have'nt had the time but I will soon,It's the first Husky I've ever had and I definetly like it alot,thinking about another Husky to add to the fleet....

Later Rob...

I sure am jealous, the 372 i have is one freak saw and will eat saws much bigger all the time and is so light and smooth, but like I said bigger saw is still a bigger saw.... i wish I had the 385 also (tuned). Whatever you do get that 385 tuned - you will end up like me starting saws in residential neighborhoods at 2am just because they run and sound so good - you will have a screamer. You wont be disappointed - I promise you that.

From what I gathered (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the 385 is the biggest saw in the husky line that has great potential when tuned, the bigger ones take a LOT of work (not to say they dont run like bats out of he!!, but lot of work = expensive = not good value.

Otto,

I think your right,I think the bigger saws take more work and money,I almost bought a 372 instead of this 385 but changed my mined at the last minute...

Later Rob..

Back