Pioneer 1074 no idle possible

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some are I would wait for someone who knows to answer you though. Have you tried to slide the plug boot backwards down the plug wire towards the coil, to see if the wire clip inside it is inserted into the plug wire well? Making a good connection?

Is the saw an Electronic ignition or is it points condenser fired. It makes a difference as the older points condenser saw coil can have the wire removed and replaced whereas the Electronic version often has the wire sealed in to the module/coil. These can be cut off short/close to the module and with some patience, a pick or small bit in a dremel remove the wire and insulation down in the socket of the module, there is a screw like center post down in there so be careful not to damage it too much, it needs to screw back into the solid replacement wire to make the new wire connection.Reseal the new wire in with anything moisture resistant, silicone has always worked for me.

Is the saw an Electronic ignition or is it points condenser fired

It's points condenser fired.
So normally i can remover the wire from the module/coil. I've already tried but the only thing that happen is that i twist the wire but it didn't come of.
But i will give it a new try.

Hey

Now i'm looking for a replacement for the high tension coil.
Is there an alternative part (from an other brand), because the Original is hard to find.

If it was the electronic type, a trick on your trick is to take a 5 or 7mm roll pin, some call them slotted spring pins, of the proper outside plug wire diameter and cut 4 flutes or teeth on one end like a hole saw. I use a Dremel with saved/used small diameter cut off wheels.

After you cut off the plug wire flush, put the pin in your cordless drill & slowly bore it right down to the bottom, you can feel it get “solid” when it’s through all the plug wire rubber. Stop right there!

The adhesive that held the plug wire is on the outside of it, so the small wire stub left will usually pull or twist right off the coil screw.

Carefully scrape the remaining adhesive away in the bore, and you're go to go with a new plug wire.

DD321440-9DCA-4FD3-A0AD-BC3B6583C7D4.jpeg

If it was the electronic type, a trick on your trick is to take a 5 or 7mm roll pin, some call them slotted spring pins, of the proper outside plug wire diameter and cut 4 flutes or teeth on one end like a hole saw. I use a Dremel with saved/used small diameter cut off wheels.

After you cut off the plug wire flush, put the pin in your cordless drill & slowly bore it right down to the bottom, you can feel it get “solid” when it’s through all the plug wire rubber. Stop right there!

The adhesive that held the plug wire is on the outside of it, so the small wire stub left will usually pull or twist right off the coil screw.

Carefully scrape the remaining adhesive away in the bore, and you're go to go with a new plug wire.

View attachment 649266

I like that. I have an assortment of short lengths of steel brake line I have filed teeth on the end, they make good small dia holesaws.

Latest posts

Back