PNW longbar hardwood GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danged whippersnappers have no respect.

:ices_rofl: Yeah, just 'cause they have all their hair, all their teeth, nicer cars, better looking girl friends, no arthritus, no whitefinger, more stamina, less debt structure, a better grasp of modern technology, actually understand all the lyrics to music that gives people our age a screaming migraine, and the good sense to choose a profession other than logging doesn't mean they're cool.

We'll just keep telling ourselves that. Anybody got any Excedrin?

:ices_rofl: Yeah, just 'cause they have all their hair, all their teeth, nicer cars, better looking girl friends, no arthritus, no whitefinger, more stamina, less debt structure, a better grasp of modern technology, actually understand all the lyrics to music that gives people our age a screaming migraine, and the good sense to choose a profession other than logging doesn't mean they're cool.

We'll just keep telling ourselves that. Anybody got any Excedrin?

Yeah all that, but us old guys cut the old growth.

Sorry no Excedrin, got a pound of Ecotrin though

I hope our hosts will forgive my silence... i got back here, sinuses kept me down for the count then work surrounded me...

Scott and Sara, thank you so much for hosting the GTG this past weekend! You live in a gorgeous area-- and y'all were so gracious to the invasion!

And the time with all the folks at the GTG was great! I had also delayed posting as i was planning on getting my Facebook page set up to stay in contact... will get to that in the next week or so...

As to Heat Stroke-- my sunburn went from lobster red to peeling grey-- i scared small children!

And thank you to slowp and Gologit for not having me play dress up this year! I mighta been the one to mess up one of Tree Sling'r's saws...

A ha your the one putting the barbie stickers on. LOL I was just talking to Jman and he is bringing in loads of buttends from a export job. Anyone up for another GTG around the last week of JUNE

Gtg june.....yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!

Count "T" & I in! Of course we are at this time in Disneyland promoting the GREAT Spotted Owl GTG.......Sort of a Good will tour of our neighbors to the south. :cheers:.............Bob

Pictures to follow!

A ha your the one putting the barbie stickers on. LOL I was just talking to Jman and he is bringing in loads of buttends from a export job. Anyone up for another GTG around the last week of JUNE

Wish I could but I go back to work on Tuesday and probably won't see any more time off 'til winter gets us.

The way things are down here I better make it while I can.

I'm up for another major GTG next Spring, though. Just say when and where.

Maybe if I can bop over Babyshoe by then. The road was melted as far as mp26, with a couple of brushpicker camps to go through. The Moneypit now has plumbing fixtures installed, and I will either be moving in and feeling broke, or moved in and feeling broke. I'll be broke. :dizzy: No motel.

Hi All,

Got home Sunday afternoon after another great trip. Must thank you all for your hospitality and especially Spotted Owl and his good lady wife for hosting a great event. Thanks very much.

I'll post a few pics as soon as I get time.

IronBark and his wife are really nice people with funny accents :cheers: Great weather too; no rain!

LOL, you should see the looks you get when ordering a Big Mac meal with fries and a strawberry milkshake. Terribly terribly funny. I'll bring the weather again next year. Need to remember to bring it back home again afterwards!

Great fun having Iron bark and his wife here for second year in a row from England. Great fun exchanging info learning from them how things work in England.

It was good to talk to you and Mtngal too. Thanks for the shirts.

Some of my favorite quotes:

"It's a good bunch of people. Just rough enough round the edges to provide interest, but not rough enough to be obnoxious".

But the best had to be.....

"You have an aunt Annie May? I have an aunt Annie May too".

Glad you two got back safe and sound. Had a great time with both of you. Hope you can make it back next year.

I heard you got to take something back with you.:clap:

Thanks mate! It was a really good time with a great bunch of people.

Got a 372XPW in a sealed box, but the TSA still opened my bag AND the box to see that it was brand new. Gotta be careful in the future. They are on the ball.

I think, given that it was the TSA, it was more to see that the saw was empty of fuel etc. Until it's been run it is really just a collection of metal and plastic parts. Once it's been run it is very hard to get rid of the all the fumes from the tank which can be dangerous.

Forget the saw! Did the linens make it back? Did you make it up Rainier?
We had some nasty weather so I've wondered if you tried the climb. Keep that Safeway Card handy!! And remember, you can always come here and buy a cow to make that cream stuff.....Take care!

Ya how did the linens make out. Shake them out and strategically place a few sprinkles of sand? How many bags did you guys add to your collection with this trip.

Ya, Ya, photos if you have them. Especially photos of your sight seeing and climbing if you have them. It's cool to see saw stuff, but sometimes it's also cool to see photos of other thing too.

Mr and Mrs. Ironbark glad you guys could make it again. We enjoyed talking to you guys and learning bits about other cultures and place. Is this gonna be a yearly trek for you guys, I hope so.

Thankyou to everyone that was here. It was a blast, much better than I had anticipated. I grew up with and have lived with and around loggers, cutters, etc my entire life, even my son is hooked on the woods, so I really wasn't sure what to think before everything got going. I really enjoyed talking to everyone, mtn gal, trinity, slowp, mrs. ironbark, mrs bookerdog, cedarkerf, gologit, farley, t, everyone. I think this year almost as great as last year.

Thanks again everyone

:heart: Mrs. Owl :heart:

Yes, the linens made it back OK, but when opened they look more like the Norweigan flag, than the Stars and Stripes. Don't say I told you.....Kate's very very sensitive on the subject. We bought way too much stuff this time. You'll see a spike in retails sales figures for May.

We drove up to Mt Rainier and met a freind in Ashford, WA. We saw the weather forecast and decided not to risk going up to Camp Muir and getting stuck up there for a few day in storms and being late for the flight. So we drove to Mt Hood, but it was 29F and snowing hard in the Timberline Lodge car park and I didn't relish the thought of a 2am start in a blizzard. We ended up over a Smith Rocks on the dry side of Oregon for some rock climbing.

I'd love to come out again next year, and I'll be looking to do it again for sure. Like you said it was a hoot. :clap:

I'd love to come out again next year, and I'll be looking to do it again for sure. Like you said it was a hoot. :clap:

Hey Colin,

Sorry I missed all the fun,,, I hope to make it next year for sure,,,,,

We have been very busy @ work,,, (Not complaining)

Give my regards To Mrs. Kate,,,,

RR2

Thanks

Hello all, Its Mrs Ironbark here! I do have my own log in but i can't remember it right now!!

The linens made it back, free from wood chips, sand and other pnw essentials you will all be pleased to know!!

We had a great time in madsens again and were treated to lunch with the wonderful Kate and Ralf Madsen, they are on our visit list each year for sure!
I will admit they have plenty of cool stuff. Yes he got another saw ok. I know somewhere bookerdog is behind it. Was there a bet!!!!!!!

Can't WAIT until next year, SlowP/mtngal I am missing the pie! I made a blackberry and apple yesterday but its not nearly as good!!

Sara and Scott, thanks so much for having us, we had a great time and you made us all feel so welcome! :yourock: Im trying to persuade colin into a bigger house and a "Gus" of my own!!! Come on HE got a new saw!!!!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Anyway, i better go and do some housework, NOW I know why nothing gets done around here, i spent the last 1.5hrs on here!!! THATS what he does all day!!!

Hi RR2!

Last edited:
Big Sitka Spruce

Did a little climbing today to remove 6 limbs. Prolly 50" DBH. Biggest tree Ive climbed in quite a while. Only had to go 50 feet up. Good morning fun.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back