PNW longbar hardwood GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favorite quote of the event. Some one describing one of Treeslingers modded saws and was serious. "That doesn't cut that fast".

That wouldn't surprise me since Treeslinger can't measure 16" firewood to save himself.:hmm3grin2orange:

I mean the ribbing all in good fun.:)

Mr. HE:cool:

Was that the kid that couldn't keep his own saw running?

Slingr's saws cut...the kid hadn't run enough saws to tell the difference.

I think that he was more than offset by RandyMac saying that the SlingMod 346NE screamer was the best little saw he had ever run, and then some. Booker's saw had Randy talking to himself about the new little buzz saws.

I did like that Solo a lot, if I had a use for it, I would have atleast one or two. I could definately find a use for that little Husky, just thinking about it, brings on an itch to tear up wood with it.
Many thanks to the New Champ for letting me run it and the Solo.

Was that the dude who was full throttle all the time and sawing little wood? If so I am glad my saws made it through.

Mines a new one right not that one. Treeslingers saws are so slow Im getting one so I can spend more time cutting. Didnt really want to pick on the guy but that was one of those did you really just say that and mean it. Did notice a few people having problems (totaly operator error and teqnique) with them I was a little hesitant to run em. Glad I did smooth and fast (372 and 460 are 660 fast). Shows not everybody is ready for modded saws.

Mines a new one right not that one. Treeslingers saws are so slow Im getting one so I can spend more time cutting. Didnt really want to pick on the guy but that was one of those did you really just say that and mean it. Did notice a few people having problems (totaly operator error and teqnique) with them I was a little hesitant to run em. Glad I did smooth and fast (372 and 460 are 660 fast). Shows not everybody is ready for modded saws.

No worries on your saw.

Yeah, there were a handful of fellas there that had no biz running a hot saw in hardwood. Technique and lack of experience is a bad combo.

Then again, I guess I have run a saw more in one week than many have in a lifetime.

Last edited:
You Boys!

My list consists of 019t,260 pro, 032,044,460,056,064,066 next saw will be a 372.

Now look what you boys (Bookerdog and Slinger) have done to my man!
He thinks the 260 pro and the 019t are his.
Ever since you wrecked him and convinced him to buy a Husky he's been walking around with a big goofy smile on his face and can't wait to cut something with it when it shows up.:hmm3grin2orange:
I already told him if he gets me the smaller version I already have a name for it.:hmm3grin2orange:

Ever since you wrecked him and convinced him to buy a Husky he's been walking around with a big goofy smile on his face and can't wait to cut something with it when it shows up.:hmm3grin2orange:
I already told him if he gets me the smaller version I already have a name for it.:hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange: Just wait 'til next year. Somebody will bring up another kind of modded saw and he'll want that one.

I think that big goofy smile is there to stay.

Hmmmm I think I know someone that has a new in box 346 sitting around.:)

Did Bob get any 660 bars pinched this year? :)

Ian

Nope. He retired from teaching. The Barbie Saw put on a good show. I demonstrated bar pinching this year, and for those who wanted a more recreational instruction, I offered Chain Throwing 101, Why We Should Carry an Old 032 Around -- Extra Bar Nuts Are Our Friends, Those Gosh Darned Flippy Caps, and then finished with, Symptoms and Causes of Heatstroke or "You're lookin' kind of red."

It was a fun time despite all of the above ocurring in a short time. The heatstroke is a slight exaggeration. I was really really hot. Going from working in the snow to Summer was hard.

Yesterday, Rainier appeared clear and I wondered whether Ironbark and Kate
made it to the top.

Yesterday, Rainier appeared clear and I wondered whether Ironbark and Kate
made it to the top.

Yah, those two know how to take on the PNW! As well as us AS rowdies.

I have been seeing the mountains around here myself lately. Hood, Rainier, Helens, Adams, and Jeff just poking over the hills. Just looking at them though, not climbing. I may climb Hood this year. I will be doing some summer ski patrol up there on Palmer Glacier at Timberline too.

Beautiful day here on Whidbey Island... Mt. Baker is in full view, and Mt. Shuksan, and Glacier Peak are out as well...

Best part is though... I can see Mt. Rainier from all the way up here... That's where home is... at the foot of that mountain. :)

Gary

Back