Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
I had to sit out the last one as my junk never showed up, but I have everything on hand to do an 044 or 046.

Besides, it's only fair if your gonna have a 70cc husky Buildoff, u gotta have a 70cc sthil Buildoff. :)
Good to hear from you again...wigglesworth...!!!!
That new youngin' must be keepin' ya very busy...!!!!
:cheers:
J2F

diesel

Get creative, something never done before. Make it exciting, different, original!:yoyo:

I'd like a diesel saw that a normal human could start. Those RC airplane guys seem to have a handle on two stroke kinda sorta diesel engines. No idea on how to translate that into a working saw, though.

so you think that dn084 would handle a 60'' bar ?

I know that mine will pull a 72" bar with an 8-pin 3/8 buried in Oak:clap: Go to 8:40.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hu1JN-GD6LY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hu1JN-GD6LY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here it is with a 50" bar and a 9-pin rim in another Oak.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1vrZwv2Ojo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b1vrZwv2Ojo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Right on Brad, nice saw, and vid's. Big oak dude! I get into alot of stuff that size in the storm's. I work for county road's. Had a couple eucalyptus tree's that size, we had to tackle. It was winter before last. I like the 084. I think it was way underated by some. I had good luck, and cut some gig shiat, with em. My buddy's dad milled with one for year's. No issue's. Take's cubic inches for the big, big wood, as you well know. LOL! I remember a tree close to that size, came down across one of the county road's, a few year's back. One of my crew men started on it with a 257 husky. I walked in with the 084, and he said here use this saw it's all you need. WTF? I just laughed fired up the 84, he was pointing do this do that. So I turned around, as to spray him with chip's. He dissapeared!:rock:

you cant find a dilmar dealer within an hour of me and parts or used saws showing up would be a miracle. ive always thought about getting a 7900 but its just not a feasable saw in my area.

I think you'd make a good one.

I did see some empty business space just down the road from you!!

Landrum Logging and Saw Shop

Sounds good to me!!

Unless they changed the rules he could do it out of the barn. The dealer I dealt with up in Bland Va is got one in a 2 car garage.

@ the guys that don't have Dolmar dealers: Do the Home Depot's near you not rent 6401's? If so, they sell them pretty cheap after so many hours. Top ends are available from Site Sponsors. For < $500 you can have a saw with a brand new topend. Don't think I can find a decent used 660 for anywhere near that.

No home depots rent saws within 75 miles of me. I called every one of them a few months ago and all said nope no rentals. I wish they did. I would like to snag one and have less then $400 in a 7900.

Why just a one brand shoot-out?

How 'bout a "class" shoot-out, say 65-70, 70-75, 75-80?

I have a couple old "dilmars" I would spot 3cc to the mainstays.

Yeah mixing brands will take away what each builder can do. A 7900 and 460 are the only 2 in the 75-80cc class. The 681 is 80.7 cc and a 372 xpw is 74.xcc. I can't remember exactly. A 70-75 puts a lot of saws that can play against each other. There's the 044/440, 441, 372, xpw, xtorq, 576, and 7300. I like the one model at a time better. It will make it easier to see who does better on a certain saw.

Yeah mixing brands will take away what each builder can do. A 7900 and 460 are the only 2 in the 75-80cc class. The 681 is 80.7 cc and a 372 xpw is 74.xcc. I can't remember exactly. A 70-75 puts a lot of saws that can play against each other. There's the 044/440, 441, 372, xpw, xtorq, 576, and 7300. I like the one model at a time better. It will make it easier to see who does better on a certain saw.

I thought it was all in good fun and camaraderie... ;)

Back