Poulan 306, 245; Jonsered 70E

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Same seller has these saws also for sale, wants $100 for all 3. Says they all worked but have been stored with gas for awhile so it is varnished. How much work is it to clean out the carbs, are there other problems that might arise? - Eric

Cleaning the carbs means taking them off the saw, taking them apart, cleaning, then reinstalling with a rebuild kit. Probably could use new fuel lines, too. It's not too hard for me, but I don't know at what level you're working on your saws.

$100 for the lot is a good deal. The Poulan 306 is a a great medium saw from the late '60s. Also the best sounding ever made. Oh, and they used one in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." The Jonsey 70E is a larger saw from the '70s-early '80s. Very nice, sort of a little brother to my 111S. Probably worth around $150 restored and working.

I'd go for it.

Check the 70E for spark. These supposedly began to have troubles with the electronic ign and parts are NLA. If good spark, this saw alone may be worth close to that if in reasonably good shape.

Sounds like a great deal. Just will depend on how bad the varnish is. Its not tough to open the carbs up flush them out and rebuild. Youd want to get some carb cleaner or carb dip to desolve the crud. I'd go for it though.

Latest posts

Back