• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan 3400 Countervibe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGiggles

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bought this at an auction a few months ago. I have no use for it, so it's time for it to find a new home.

I've installed new fuel lines, a new sprocket, new Caber rings, a new air filter, and an ugly but functional muffler mod. It runs, oils, and does everything it's supposed to. The only thing it needs is a duck-bill on the fuel tank vent line. Has a 3/8 sprocket. Piston and cylinder are in great shape, but I don't have an accurate compression tester. It's got a very good Homelite 18" bar and a worn but sharp Oregon .050 gauge chain that will be included.

I would like 100.00 shipped to the lower 48 for it.

The factory outlet is an odd deal for sure, and pretty restricting.

It's some 1" tubing covering two 1/2" holes. I had a little trouble getting a good looking weld on this thin material, but it's very solid.

Yeah, most guys, myself included cut an opening on the side. I just hadn't seen one done that way.:cheers:

bet its loud esp. if you widened the baffle holes inside. Not a bad price shipped.

That's part of an antique saw's charm right?

That was actually part of the motivation behind this mod. My younger brother used this saw in a corn maze last October, and it needed to have some "presence" to it. It's not unbearably loud, not any louder than my 066 with a similar mod.

Well I found an 18" Homelite bar that's in very good shape and a worn but sharp Oregon 3/8 .050 chain. These will go with the saw for no extra charge.

Spent some time running the saw today and it's running great as ever. No problems to report.

Thought he stated it oiled fine but needed a duckbill valve for the vent line.

In this thread he restated his opinion of the oiler:
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/poulan-3400-oiler.270561/
I then made him an offer and we made a deal. I'm happy:happybanana:
Comp check today 120PSI. But now I have all the parts to dress a seperate rebuilt block I am putting together. His seems to be a very early one with a screw in the bottom of the case for adjusting oil flow. It also has a small diameter oil tank cap. I have only seen one other one like this.

Back