Poulan 4400. Another ole work horse up and running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up this Poulan 4400 this week and got it up and going today.

It ain't going to be winning any beauty constest, but under those battle scars is the heart of a champion. It needed alot of clean up and some TLC.

Not alot of new parts, the P/C are excellent, just needed crank seals, fuel line, flywheel, sprocket and a starter rope.

I threw a 24" bar on it for now but I have a old style Oregon power match 28" that might end up on it.

It runs great!. I'll try for a video tomorrow but ran out of daylight by the time I got it finished.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sweet saw. Glad to see folks bringing the old ones back to life.

Thanks Jonnie, its what we do. :msp_thumbup:

69cc of reed valve super duty grunt. Great job there Mark....

How right you are, these things run very strong for 69cc.

When the bars get longer, they hang with the newer 70cc saws pretty well.

Well it sure looks like a beauty contest winner to me!
Once again Mark...Great work!
That says a lot when those old saws were engineered well enough to stand up to the best that the competetion can throw at them 30 years later.

Sometimes they will even nudge out the 80+ cc new saws!!!:D

Mike

I think she's a beauty Mark. Those don't seem to surface around here very often. I did finally get me a 3400, should be here in a few days. :clap:

I picked up a 361 a few days ago, don't think it's worth fixing but may have some good parts if anyone's looking.

Nice looking saw ya got there Mark. I gotta say though you should take it easy on the saw buying though. I mean your getting older and all and probably not many more good years to enjoy them. If anything just remember my address and know they will be in good hands :givebeer:

Picked up this Poulan 4400 this week and got it up and going today.

It ain't going to be winning any beauty constest, but under those battle scars is the heart of a champion. It needed alot of clean up and some TLC.

Not alot of new parts, the P/C are excellent, just needed crank seals, fuel line, flywheel, sprocket and a starter rope.

I threw a 24" bar on it for now but I have a old style Oregon power match 28" that might end up on it.

It runs great!. I'll try for a video tomorrow but ran out of daylight by the time I got it finished.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark
As always nice job. Can not Waite to see what your next one will be. Poulan of course.
hunter h

Nice saw.

Nice job Mark on a lovely old saw. Those Poulans sure look nice to me in that lime green coat. I spent a couple a productive hours today cutting winter firewood with my 3400. Those Poulans are years ahead of their time I reckon. (Unless I am years behind the times???)

Al.

Nice looking saw ya got there Mark. I gotta say though you should take it easy on the saw buying though. I mean your getting older and all and probably not many more good years to enjoy them. If anything just remember my address and know they will be in good hands :givebeer:

I'll try to get my 4400 going by the GTG, Mark. Sounds like the damn buzzards :msp_scared: are circling over us already! :hmm3grin2orange:

Ouch, that hurts. :msp_scared:

For your info, when I get to where I can't run them I will still get great enjoyment just looking at them on the shelf. :)

So there punk. :ices_rofl:

Celebrating another great running CounterVibe were we??
Don't blame you for that!
I drank one to celebrate when I saw your thread!
I'm not sure it has been celebrated enough though......you know those 4400s are not nearly as common as the 4200s.
Might have to drink ONE more tonight to make sure.

Mike

Latest posts

Back