Ramsplitter hd-30 review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I just purchased a new log splitter, and received it yesterday. I thought I would post my opinion on it and keep it updated because I don't see any information or reviews on it.
The good:
Seems built pretty well. Welds seem well placed and strong. I tested it out with the 4 way on some pretty nasty elm I had and some hard maple. Did an excellent job on all but one particularly knotty elm, but it did get through it. Seems like it has enough power, and it's relatively fast. As a company, they were very easy to deal with. I custom ordered it without the log lift to save some money, and they were more than accommodating. The made in USA and the price point is what sold me.
The bad:
A few major design flaws: the push plate runs into the drop on 4 way if you aren't careful. The Jack has nowhere to go when in transport and you have to remove the wood tray to put on the hitch for transport.
I did only use it for about an hour, playing around with it, and seeing what it could do. I was extremely happy with the results. I can live with the flaws I found, especially when the 4 way is on, and max log length goes down to 21.5 inches, and my furnace takes 21 inch wood. Works for me. But I wanted to get this out there in case someone stumbled across ramsplitter and never heard of them before. We will see how it holds up this year and I will post more when I use it more. I only do about 6-8 cord a year, so should hold up for a long time

Attachments

• IMG_20241007_180647.jpg
    IMG_20241007_180647.jpg
    2.1 MB
  • IMG_20241007_115825.jpg
    IMG_20241007_115825.jpg
    1.5 MB
Back