Remington Super 990

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my lovely wife refuses to understand how grown men (oops, and some women) can romanticize about a "saw"

(I built her a 4'x12' sealed walk-in closet for her "shoes")

That's a sweet saw Thomas, you need a fish-eye lens on your camera tho'

luck,greg

And my lovely wife refuses to understand how grown men (oops, and some women) can romanticize about a "saw"

(I built her a 4'x12' sealed walk-in closet for her "shoes")

That's a sweet saw Thomas, you need a fish-eye lens on your camera tho'

luck,greg

I'm stuck with the camera phone or iPad, usually, I may have to steal the dslr for some better shots.

Not rubbing, I am still surprised I lucked into it.

On the paint, it looks like ths one was repainted at least once. The red color scheme is definitely showing through, I don't know if the factory painted over the red or if it was done later.

If it makes you feel any better I missed out on a 5400 on a far away Craigslist, he didn't want to ship it. Asking price? $15.

I was joking you know. :laugh:

Just a little awed at your find. As for the $15 5400, you could almost drive and pick it up for that price if it was a good one. :laugh:

On the paint, it looks like ths one was repainted at least once. The red color scheme is definitely showing through, I don't know if the factory painted over the red or if it was done later.

Acres site has them as yellow/black but the resto's I see all seem to be red/white. Maybe the factory changed color scheme for a new model year and painted over the already produced red ones...

Bill

Yellow/black is way better looking in my opinion.

Via Samsung Galaxy S3. (Using no copied Apple technology.)

Very nice Thomas, I'd love to hear that one run. I suspect if you fire it up I will get a chance regardless of where I am in the country at the time.

Mark

I will definitely get a video once i get her going again. The pull cord and carb shouldn't be a big deal, just a matter of making the time to do it.

With some of the collections guys on here have or saws they have run, I never thought I would get to see one of these in person, let alone own one.

Yellow/black is way better looking in my opinion.

Via Samsung Galaxy S3. (Using no copied Apple technology.)

True Tim. However, it is American, over six cubes, came with a big honkin' RN bar, and is probably more 'rare' than all the fantastic old Yeller/Black saws except the BP-1 and maybe the 49. Heck I've seen more guys here post up pics BP-1's than Remmy 990's, by a good margin.

True Tim. However, it is American, over six cubes, came with a big honkin' RN bar, and is probably more 'rare' than all the fantastic old Yeller/Black saws except the BP-1 and maybe the 49. Heck I've seen more guys here post up pics BP-1's than Remmy 990's, by a good margin.

I think he meant the yellow/black color scheme as opposed to the red/white color scheme, both of the Remington variety.

Although I could use a big Mac to share this bar with. Anybody got a kart saw or Super 797 they want to give away? :D

Latest posts

Back