Rivers Great PNW Chainsaw adventure!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That happened back this winter when they had the big windstorm up in the PNW
That was the first tree. Near it was another, that took a 10 degree lean. It appeared stable enough, and Andy asked that it not land on his property, so I asked Scott to take it in two or three pieces. It looked to be an easier notch and drop, so that's what he did ( I was elsewhere)..smack dab on top of the other tree...and the trailer was underneath....didn't decimate Andy's woods much more than it was already was.

Andy's been nice, I think still, and left much of the logs. Hopefully, I can round up a log truck load. Another neighbor has one still on the ground that we might be able to skid out with a self loader and 3 25 foot chains. plus the standing trees that need to come down.

Last edited:
RiverRat,
How long you gonna be in Virginia?

Will find out more today,,,,, where I am in Frederick MD,, is only about 35-40 min from Tommy,,,,,, He is Quite the cat daddy,,,, we rode around and toured Leesburg yuppieville a bit,,, Listening to Elvis of course,,,,,, then went back to the farm and laughed @ all the dum stuff on the site,,,,,, all in fun,,,,,,, if I get a brake in the action I am going back to his shop to hang out and yepp work on saws or blowers weed wackers if he hadnt already fixed em all,,,,,

Last edited:
Will find out more today,,,,, where I am in Frederick MD,, is only about 35-40 min from Tommy,,,,,, He is Quite the cat daddy,,,, we rode around and toured Leesburg yuppieville a bit,,, Listening to Elvis of course,,,,,, then went back to the farm and laughed @ all the dum stuff on the site,,,,,, all in fun,,,,,,, if I get a brake in the action I am going back to his shop to hang out and yepp work on saws or blowers weed wackers if he hadnt already fixed em all,,,,,

Are you hanging out with Elvis :bowdown: :bowdown:

I was just wondering if you were getting any further south on your nationwide tour. Can a brotha get an itinerary? The guest room at my place is available if you are in the area, and the grill is open every night!

I was just wondering if you were getting any further south on your nationwide tour. Can a brotha get an itinerary? The guest room at my place is available if you are in the area, and the grill is open every night!

Is he on a sabatical, maybe even an inner healing tour trying to wash away all those East Texas demons :hmm3grin2orange:

I've been Hanging out with THALL in Virginny this evening,,, took him out to supper and got a chance to slip out in tha SHED!!!!!! FCOL it is chocka block full of orange and white stuff,,, and a few culls but I tell ya the old boy has as bad A case as I've ever seen!!!!!

seeing is believing and whats bad is thats just what he wants you to see????
attachment.php

attachment.php

660/880 heaven!!!!
attachment.php

Damn you are still gone

I've been Hanging out with THALL in Virginny this evening,,, took him out to supper and got a chance to slip out in tha SHED!!!!!! FCOL it is chocka block full of orange and white stuff,,, and a few culls but I tell ya the old boy has as bad A case as I've ever seen!!!!!

seeing is believing and whats bad is thats just what he wants you to see????
attachment.php

attachment.php

660/880 heaven!!!!
attachment.php

Elvis liked his cars and the Thall Elvis likes his saws :bowdown:

here ya go Mow!!!!!! just for UUUUUU
attachment.php

Trollman U outh there??????????

Here is a good ole,,,Fhat bottomed girl MS441,,,, I took just for tha troll to 1see each day,,, and fuss about wony balaance.phat arse any way

attachment.php

Hey grab my 041 from Tom to save him shipping.:cheers:

attachment.php

RR2 it was great talking to ya.....Just remember ......When he's not looking grab the 660......:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I talked to Rick this morning and found out he was on his way to spend the day with Tom so I looked up his number and gave the old Elvis impersonator a call. Talk about a fun conversation, he is just as smooth on the phone as he is on this site. Hell I thought he was going to try and sell me a new 361 :bowdown:
By the way Tom, don't forget to send me that 041 :cheers:

I talked to Rick this morning and found out he was on his way to spend the day with Tom so I looked up his number and gave the old Elvis impersonator a call. Talk about a fun conversation, he is just as smooth on the phone as he is on this site. Hell I thought he was going to try and sell me a new 361 :bowdown:
By the way Tom, don't forget to send me that 041 :cheers:

Whats that ya say Mow, sum em bout a 041, huh, let me turn my hearing aids up,LOLOL

Hey by Joe I guess its my turn to speak out about Rivers visit. He's a cool dude, real nice man, though I watched his hands the whole time he was in da Shed!!,haha. All kidding aside I'm really happy he came by. We had a great time jawing saws. He did watch me make a few posts on here last nite and he told me quote " boy you have way too much fun on that site", unquote. He's right , I do.

He spent the entire day with me at the shop today. He got a first hand view of how ole Daddy operates his customers. I won't go into detail about that, I'll let him tell ya how things go on with me and my customers. He wittnessed how the back room sales work as well. He had a chance to use the Cuda for himself and I'll let him tell yaw what he thinks of it. Together he and I took a filthy MS360 and in 20 minutes made it look like new. Later in the day he spoke up with some of my customers when they were buying, he fit right in with good info for them. He saw too I don't charge for everything I do. He saw some inter action with customers you won't see at every shop, he can vouch for that. At evenings end he and I together Cuda-ised a fine 028 and replaced the crank seals in it. River is a very good saw tech for those that don't already know. At 6pm he and I parted ways but he left me with a promise he would come back again someday and I sincerely hope he keeps that promise, he's a pleasure to be around, really is......

Yeah, I know. I go to sterling, VA sometimes for training, is that near you?

Sterling, are you kidding, when your in Sterling your only 8 miles from Leesburg. Next time your in Sterling come on by and sit a spell..

Back