Sally Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 do not have the spike. That would be awesome. The above vid is the first I've ever seen one used, so now realize you can't cut without it.

I found thr spike, Just need to paint it.

attachment.php

I have a Sally Saw that is new in the orginal shipping crate. It is in my way so I guess I should sell it especially looking at these prices.

Bill

I believe this is more along the lines of what a Sally Saw is worth, LINK. However, that one is not complete or in running condition. I say the max would be $500 for a good complete runner. I'm very thankful for this thread though. Mine is now complete with the big bucking spike, thanks to Mr Bow Saw:clap: Thanks!

I think everyone saw that one that supposedly sold for crazy money on eBay. I've never seen them for sale before, and then all of a sudden they started popping up out of the wood work. I'd be surprised if someone really paid that much for that saw.

I think everyone saw that one that supposedly sold for crazy money on eBay. I've never seen them for sale before, and then all of a sudden they started popping up out of the wood work. I'd be surprised if someone really paid that much for that saw.

Well if they did then they can have a brand new one. I will sell mine.

Bill

I think you're on the right track there, Brad. Something kinda fishy smelling about that deal... It sure brought a bunch of Sallys out of the sheds, though... Everyone who had one thought they'd dust it off and make a couple of thousand off their old gals... I haven't heard nor seen any bonafide deals go down at those prices, tho...

I was glad to see Sven put his up and at $200. It's the one in the link above which sold for $357, "pick up only" in Massasaugachusetts. Hopefully, that put an end to all the insane speculation around these old babies. The one I got last year, complete and now running, with a nice sharp blade, cost me $325.12, and that included shipping in a custom-built crate from Vermont to New Mexico.

I think about $300-350 is really where the market is on these unique old saws.

First two pix are mine... in Vermont and again here.
Third pic is from a Smokstak member who has an attic full of Sallys... some with wheels!!

Back