Saw won't throttle up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber Man

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok last night I'm firewooding, bucking the log and all is running perfect. My old 034 runs out of gas, I fill it back up with same, new gas I've been using, then fire it up and it won't rev up any more. If I full throttle it even not in the wood, it bogs down and dies out, had to finish my last bucks at half throttle, even then it wanted to try and stall out. Any ideas what's going on? Get a little dirt in fuel line or something ? Coincidental, and something else going on?

Ok last night I'm firewooding, bucking the log and all is running perfect. My old 034 runs out of gas, I fill it back up with same, new gas I've been using, then fire it up and it won't rev up any more. If I full throttle it even not in the wood, it bogs down and dies out, had to finish my last bucks at half throttle, even then it wanted to try and stall out. Any ideas what's going on? Get a little dirt in fuel line or something ? Coincidental, and something else going on?
Change/ check FUEL FILTER FIRST. Lack of power/ throttle is first symptom of filter issues on my Echo blower, about every 2-3 years on it.

Thanks everyone! Been so busy, haven't looked at it again since. Or been back here since. It wasn't the last of fuel can, was new gas, yes mixed, lol. So will check the above suggestions. Thanks so much. In the mean time just been using my 372 for firewooding. It works pretty good to get the job done too, lol. But much appreciate the suggestions. Will get back here when I find out what it was to let you know .

Pour the fuel into a clear quart jar to check for water. I don't care if you just bought it or what kind. That jar is the best tool I have in the shop. EVERY unit's fuel gets dumped into it. Water will be found in over half of all units.

And they do not run well on water.
Basics.

I happen to work part time at a local Kubota Tractor dealership that also sells and services Echo chainsaws and power equipment and Echo requires that any and all equipment that is 2 stroke powered, the very first thing you must do is empty the fuel tank and check for entrained water in it. and in the shop, they use the 'Mason Jar' method as well. Pour out the contents of the fuel tank and let it sit for a few minutes and any water will separate from the actual combustible fuel.

If there is water present in the fuel, Echo will deny any warranty claim if it relates to any fuel related issue and they are very adamant on that policy.

As a rule, I don't fiddle with saws. Most of what I do is deliver new units and implements and pick up traded in units. My class A CDL comes in handy during my post retirement years.... I do help out in the shop if the techs are swamped occasionally, but it's mostly tractor related or prepping new stuff to be delivered.

Having said that I am aware of Echo's warranty policy as it pertains to any warranty issues.

Latest posts

Back