Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Printer showed up! Set up was fairly easy, not quite as straight forward as I thought it would have been, but the manual was well laid out. Took longer to get it hooked to my wifi and update firmware then anything. Printed a standard 26 minute benchy in 16 minutes and it was just about flawless. Have a horse skull printing for my wife right now. (She's a huge Halloween nut.) It's part of a complete scaled down skeleton for a mini wagon she picked up along the road. So far so good and instead of 18 hours on my old machine it should be done in a little over an hour. I'll post up some more pictures as I get stuff finished on it.

Attachments

• 20240904_182603.jpg
    20240904_182603.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
There is an overpopulation of them everywhere and they pollute like crazy! IMO, they should double your limits!
As much fun as that would be, not to mention cleaner parks and beaches. I just don't need that much goose in my freezer. There would be no time for land steaks, only winged ones.

I did all the brakes last fall on this truck replaced shoes cylinders and rubber lines . Took it out today and the brakes didn’t feel right only the right side brakes would lock up on gravel . The only driving I did was on and off the trailer to my garage after the brake job . Found some glazing on the left front so I sanded the drum and the shoes and then I found this on the right rear View attachment 1202447

My dumbass rushing didn’t set the push pin from the wheel cylinder into the shoe . I’m glad GM put stops so that the piston didn’t come out . I can now lock up all four on pavement

Still going to rebuild the motor at some point but it’s road worthy now View attachment 1202448
Love the patina!!

Love the patina!!

The truck was painted at one time in the past . They did such a crappy job that it was peeling all over I was able to remove the earl Scheib job and get it to the original paint . Some of the paint peeled off in sheets . IMG_1594.jpegIMG_1598.jpegIMG_1601.jpeg

Was pleasantly surprised that the truck had no real body damage other than a couple of small dings IMG_1966.jpegIMG_1970.jpeg

I don’t know why he thinks he has to sharpen his chains? Nobody hit anything and my Husky’s I’ll use a dozen times before touching them up…

Thanks for the help and THANKS for noodling those big pieces! Will definitely take a load off my back loading them up 🤣
When you have more work than you can get done, and limited time to do it (when Matt gets out of work till dark), it pays to bring several ported saws with sharp chains and clean air filters ready to go to work!

PXL_20240824_125232797.jpgPXL_20240825_110310924.jpg
Been fishing up a storm. There is a 10 day salmon derby I try to fish in every year. We fished hard and caught some, like this 12 pounder here, but no big ones. Good eating though. Moved my daughter to college this weekend past and got some chainsaw therapy clearing limbs at my mom's house. Nothing worth scrounging. 😢

Well the hunt was a success. Much easier packing in than packing out. Geese are heavy lol. The farmer does not want us driving in the field so of course we respect his wishes. That would be a quick way to lose access. 3 man limit, 30 birds before 10 a.m. View attachment 1202478View attachment 1202479
Nice haul.
What if you were to just let the truck idle and walk next to it 😆.
There is an overpopulation of them everywhere and they pollute like crazy! IMO, they should double your limits!
This just in!
Canadians took over a Meijer gas station In Columbus Ohio, some moped gang is on there way to clear them out 🛵:laughing:.
20240904_190243.jpg
The guy in the background had his daughter with him(shes hiding behind him), she was like "dad, just get in the car", I walked right through them lol.
20240904_190251.jpg

Those are very useful but as a word of advice, anchor them down about 10x as much as you think would be necessary.
Yup, my friend that gave it to me warned me about how they can fly away. I have 8 screw in ground anchors to hold it down. I plan on using 4 of them on the corners. The PT 4x4's should help a bit to keep it down. This is also out in the woods and not in an open area where the wind can blow strong. The strongest wind over near there comes out of the neighbors mouth.

The truck was painted at one time in the past . They did such a crappy job that it was peeling all over I was able to remove the earl Scheib job and get it to the original paint . Some of the paint peeled off in sheets . View attachment 1202559View attachment 1202560View attachment 1202561

Was pleasantly surprised that the truck had no real body damage other than a couple of small dings View attachment 1202562View attachment 1202563
Must have been a Maaco paint job.

Yup, my friend that gave it to me warned me about how they can fly away. I have 8 screw in ground anchors to hold it down. I plan on using 4 of them on the corners. The PT 4x4's should help a bit to keep it down. This is also out in the woods and not in an open area where the wind can blow strong. The strongest wind over near there comes out of the neighbors mouth.
I was gifted a 10x20 shed like that serval years ago. Used all the screw anchors, + concrete blocks on the side rails to hold it down. Stupid thing still blew away during heavy winds. Neighbor said the zippers that closed the front panel slowly came undone then it started lifting up the front then it was a goner. I was a little upset that he didn't call me so I could cone hone from work and try to save it, but it did prompt me to focus on building the shop. If I ever get one again I'll be sure to anchor it much better then this last one.

Attachments

• 20201102_152501.jpg
    20201102_152501.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Had leaf filter come and do an estimate for seamless gutters . Little over 90ft with downspouts included in that number . After their “discounts” the quote was $ 3200 . I actually laughed when he said that. Then the quote was 2100 for the screens . Told him thanks for the quote but no way in hell am I paying that much for gutters that are a completely straight run ,so two end caps and a downspout on each side of the house .

Do people actually pay that ?

Had leaf filter come and do an estimate for seamless gutters . Little over 90ft with downspouts included in that number . After their “discounts” the quote was $ 3200 . I actually laughed when he said that. Then the quote was 2100 for the screens . Told him thanks for the quote but no way in hell am I paying that much for gutters that are a completely straight run ,so two end caps and a downspout on each side of the house .

Do people actually pay that ?
Yes, for some reason, they do. Guy I work with just got a quite to side his house. Estimate was $38k without any repairs that may be needed. ~1800sq foot house. Nothing wrong with his current siding, other then he never liked the color. Crazy.

Back