Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed all the (BAD) stuff today. But what are these punishment points? Are they supposed to hurt or punish us? Who needs who more here? Before anybody gets there panties in a bunch, just trying to see what the new rules are on the most successful thread on fwh.
Just keep on topic (kinda) and you will be fine.

But you if you do end up with any, I hear you can trade them in for linkbucks....

Jebus , I had no time to check in yesterday and I see that it looks like BudLight was poured all over the cornflakes , musta been a debate about who was smarter , Elmer Fudd , Donald Duck , Daisy Duck , and Goofy , I think Bugs Bunny was the smartest one LOL
Winds were gusting here all day yesterday and last night up to 50 mph with heavy rains and bands of snow , no snow stayed on the ground but the wife spotted some blowdowns on her walk with the dogs this morning .
Unfortunately they're not in the area where I scrounge up most of my wood but it's minutes away from my zone so I hope that the winds were kind and put a few new ones that fall within my cutting permit guidelines :)

With this non-winter we're having, I have been scrounging a bunch of dead pine limbs for the way above average number of short, morning and evening fires needed. I've been through more kindling than firewood. That's fine with me!!
That's all the fire I've been having too. Early this year I scrounged a whole pickup load of rough cut pine strapping left from when the roof was done at our church about 1x4 mostly. Been using it as kindling and adding a piece of hardwood on top and that's it.

I've had a continuous fire going here since late October but most days just small enough to just keep the coals going , burnt up all my scrounged up Zoggerwood and about 1/2 a cord of 2x's and now I'm into my SPF cut and split for about a third of a cord with a few small sticks of hardwood at night .
Still got wood for a polar vortex if it comes :)

Jebus , I had no time to check in yesterday and I see that it looks like BudLight was poured all over the cornflakes , musta been a debate about who was smarter , Elmer Fudd , Donald Duck , Daisy Duck , and Goofy , I think Bugs Bunny was the smartest one LOL
Winds were gusting here all day yesterday and last night up to 50 mph with heavy rains and bands of snow , no snow stayed on the ground but the wife spotted some blowdowns on her walk with the dogs this morning .
Unfortunately they're not in the area where I scrounge up most of my wood but it's minutes away from my zone so I hope that the winds were kind and put a few new ones that fall within my cutting permit guidelines :)
naaah! wiley coyote is da smartest.:crazy2:

That's all the fire I've been having too. Early this year I scrounged a whole pickup load of rough cut pine strapping left from when the roof was done at our church about 1x4 mostly. Been using it as kindling and adding a piece of cardboard on top and that's it.
fixed for accuracy.:)

The polar vortex is up there lurking, don't give up hope quite yet,Dan. ;) Been in the 30's to 40's during the day here, teens and twenties at night. Been burning daily since Oct. Chainsaws running all around me daily. I can hear 'em all the way across to the next mountain.

naaah! wiley coyote is da smartest.:crazy2:

Nah , Between you Southerners and us Northerners we can't get anything to add up and come close to the RoadRunner Beep!Beep!

I was looking at some maple and yellow birch that I can't cut because they're not in my scrounging permit and was thinking while having a nice Cascadian Dark that maybe I should tap some this spring and make maple and birch syrup :)

The polar vortex is up there lurking, don't give up hope quite yet,Dan. ;) Been in the 30's to 40's during the day here, teens and twenties at night. Been burning daily since Oct. Chainsaws running all around me daily. I can hear 'em all the way across to the next mountain.

Been hearing the saws here as well and seeing loads of fresh cut anything drive by , most are getting this winters wood and figure it will be dry and ready to burn when winter finally gets here , I can tell you that I've stuffed more wood in the Montana than the loads I've seen go by in Rangers and Canyons LOL
I'm happy to be ahead of the curve this year :)

just build a fire in the shop to keep the shop cats warm. :dizzy:
My dogs keep me warm. Or I should say my wife. My goofy pitbull likes to spoon.

I'm still belly laughing thinking of someone doing this. :)
You ever see the episode of Family Guy I think where one dude discovers free online ****? He goes missing for a few days and his right arm is extremely muscled. lol.

I guess I musta missed something, but that ain't too surprising for me!!lol
Yep, it was my bad. Forum full of gun nuts and I mentioned regulation. Shame shame ambull

Latest posts

Back