Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those chains :cry:.
Should have swung by on your way through, I could have set you up with some nice safety chains :p.
LOL. I'm not even sure what they all fit - I'm sure several are for saws that he doesn't have any more... check that, he still HAS them, but they may not run. I pitched another equal size pile in the scrap metal. @Philbert probably couldn't even save those and they were no unique tooth or pattern desirable by a museum.

I'm up for safety chain next time we meet up on your side or my side. I need to mount my breaker and spinner so I can shorten chains or make a @bob kern frankenchain as needed. 👍

@Philbert probably couldn't even save those
Is that a challenge?

Most chains CAN be saved, until completely worn out, but many are not worth the effort.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for unusual or collectible chain specimens; @heimannm has a nice display going.

Philbert

LOL. I'm not even sure what they all fit - I'm sure several are for saws that he doesn't have any more... check that, he still HAS them, but they may not run. I pitched another equal size pile in the scrap metal. @Philbert probably couldn't even save those and they were no unique tooth or pattern desirable by a museum.

I'm up for safety chain next time we meet up on your side or my side. I need to mount my breaker and spinner so I can shorten chains or make a @bob kern frankenchain as needed. 👍
Well, you have to admit, for a frankenchain, she was cutting purdy good!

Is that a challenge?

Most chains CAN be saved, until completely worn out, but many are not worth the effort.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for unusual or collectible chain specimens; @heimannm has a nice display going.

Philbert
Not a challenge per se, but referring to your challenge thread where you recovered several chains. Most of these were rusted and stiff, and as you say, not worth the effort. If you really want them, though, I can pick them out of the scrap! LOL. I've been dumpster diving for lesser things.

I dig Mark's museum and hope to make it there one day.

Very nice.
I see more of the crowd out your way are getting tired of the high fuel prices and are trading in their trucks for sedans 😆.
View attachment 1201688
Made me laugh, I stopped at lowes the other day after work to get some sakcrete. Just 6 80lb bags, nothing u haven't had in the back if the jetta before. Some contractor came out when I was tossing the bags in the trunk and proceeded to tell me how stupid I was, the car won't go, the car won't stop, hit every bump on the way home, safty hazard. I tried to very nicely tell him to f**k off and mind his own business, car wasn't over weight, underpowered and had excellent brakes, but it didn't work. More or less came out as ho f**k off and mind your own business. By some mirical, the car made it home just fine.

Made me laugh, I stopped at lowes the other day after work to get some sakcrete. Just 6 80lb bags, nothing u haven't had in the back if the jetta before. Some contractor came out when I was tossing the bags in the trunk and proceeded to tell me how stupid I was, the car won't go, the car won't stop, hit every bump on the way home, safty hazard. I tried to very nicely tell him to f**k off and mind his own business, car wasn't over weight, underpowered and had excellent brakes, but it didn't work. More or less came out as ho f**k off and mind your own business. By some mirical, the car made it home just fine.
So I guess you couldn't put 2 or 3 of your friends in the back seat. Might as well take it out and pitch it.

Should have told him, "it works just fine with your (his) wife in the back seat".

SR

So I guess you couldn't put 2 or 3 of your friends in the back seat. Might as well take it out and pitch it.
Back seat was still in and 100% functional, the trunk is huge for the size of car it is. Had the guys at the feed mill laugh when I took it for feed, can get 8 50 lb bags in the trunk.

Kinda, sorta went through stuff around the workbench area and ended up with this. A couple of items I didn't have like the pistol grip grease gun and 60" straight edge, a few supplies, and some other items of curiosity. Lots of used/new grinding wheels, chain sharpening stones, and a handful of miscellaneous used chains. View attachment 1201712

Is there a maker stamp on the double bit axe?

One for the thread fellas :happy: same guy I got all that pin oak from, this time it's a bonus it's white oak :dancing:. Said limb broke off tree in recent storm. I didn't know it was 24" going back for one more load tomorrow. He is having the rest of the tree probably atleast a cord+ more worth in the tree cut down. Ants were the culprit. IMG_20240901_192107113_HDR.jpgIMG_20240901_192040117_HDR.jpgIMG_20240901_192047555_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back