Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find old snowblowers for free regularly… Most have run just fine… a few needed a carb. Find an air filter and adapt!
Almost every one of those is dead due to crapped up carb! I did work on on where the governor stuck wide open and the internals grenaded lol.

The rest of them have frozen auger shafts because people didn't grease them.

Sorry to hear of you dad’s passing .
Thank you. It’s been a challenge and I’ve learned a lot. My diet has improved through preparing meals for mom… This as seeing body function numbers associated with various foods was an eye opener…

Almost every one of those is dead due to crapped up carb! I did work on on where the governor stuck wide open and the internals grenaded lol.

The rest of them have frozen auger shafts because people didn't grease them.
Yeah… cleaning the carb often solved the problem. No kit needed!

Good morning guys.

I wont post pics of progress cause this site wont host larger photos now and I do not have time to crop every one. But today is the day to paint duckboats! Have three lined up to paint. New harbor freight sprayer so hopefully it works. That model was recommended by me ex-BIL who restores cars so I think it will be up to the task. Don't need anything fancy for spraying olive drab.
You clean and prime your boat (Al?) first? If so what primer and paint. I sprayed mine with an HF sprayer, worked fine.

You clean and prime your boat (Al?) first? If so what primer and paint. I sprayed mine with an HF sprayer, worked fine.
These all have some sort of residual paint on them so I just pressure washed them and made sure there was no grease or oil. If painting bare aluminum I will use the alumaprep wash. Some topcoats recommend zinc oxide primer.

These boats are functional but pretty rough around the edges (one was free, I think the other two cost $50 each). I haven't ran a spray gun in about 20 years so they are good practice subjects.

Enough talk, lets see some cornbread
Did somebody say cornbread?
Pretty likely this Wagner pan has had cornbread baked in it before.
However I am certain it has never been used for my world famous "Banana Honey Jonnycake"
I'm sure diver64 will be right over to wash the dishes that were used to mix this up.
IMG_3168.jpg

Good to see you, I was just thinking about you yesterday.
We've done a lot for my mil and my FIL before he passed(sorry to hear about your dad. Sure hope our kids learned that's what you do for your parents.

I don't, cause chyna!

Usually way better quality, but those dang predator motors run quite well, but I buy used before I'll support China. I do everything I can to avoid products from the CCP, but I love the Chinese who are suffering under their "leadership".

My L3800 has loaded tires and the skidding winch never comes off it. Last night moving the logs I had one side of the back end off the ground on the slight grade with an 8'6" log(or so, didn't officially measure 😅).
I need a new edge on my bucket, it's worn down to the welds on the top. I'm kinda disappointed with all the porosity in their welds, but that will make it easier to change out lol.
You'd really be disappointed if I welded it for ya'.

I bought it because of $$$$. I wasn't going to spend 6-700 on a Honda for my 40 year old wood splitter. I don't agree with their whole business model of copying other business's products. So no, I don't shop there. That engine was the one and only thing I'll buy from them.
If you need a cheap tool box, the U.S. General stuff can't be beat.

Just curious-how many of you guys "upgraded" your AS membership to the paid level? I keep getting messages and see no need since I have no interest in arguing with the bozos in political.
Not this guy.

I search Craigslist and buy them or something that will work for cheap, hate supporting China.
I did that last time, spent $80 to use it a dozen times and lose a valve

Wasn’t going to spend double the price I paid for a Honda or Briggs

Guys at work gave me a ton of shot, wanted me to find a old Tecumseh

Pretty sure Mars has two moons, wonder how often they align?

Probably as often as these two working together…

Older nephew showed up to help with my asking, younger one showed up out the blue when I told him I couldn’t go fishing tonight because I was doing firewood.
They haven’t been getting along too well lately, so it was nice to see them put their differences aside to help Uncle Matt

All split, just need to stack next years white oak

Both told me, bring more to my house and they’ll help split itIMG_8780.jpegIMG_8781.jpegIMG_8782.jpeg

Back