Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would fall into the very few people category. A peeve on mine is returning something in the same or better shape then I got it. My uncle and cousin love when I borrow their equipment. I always need to fix it to use it. I don't complain though, they charge everyone else to use their equipment lol.
Which is the very few, those you'd lend to, or those who'd bring something back in like or better condition.
I always try to show my appreciation when someone loans me something, it means a lot that they've trusted me with their property, too bad so many have no understanding of what that means, entitled folks ruin it for every :buttkick:.
I think he owes you...did you wash it too?
My boy spent nearly 2 hrs pressure washing it. After seeing it finished, I thought maybe he wanted it left as it was, now it's all shiny and will stand out when it's sitting in the woods, before it was more camouflaged lol.

I hope it is for screwing things in.🤣
Sometimes...to be honest the poor flat blade and Phillips screwdrivers aren't much use on modern cars. Trust me they still get used!
Snap-on dealer- How'd you break that #3 Phillips?
Me - Obviously I was turning a screw in by hand.:innocent:
Snap-on dealer - Sounds good, here's new blade. Just don't break the handle!

Sometimes...to be honest the poor flat blade and Phillips screwdrivers aren't much use on modern cars. Trust me they still get used!
I've got at least two broken on flat blades in my box, no need to replace them, they'd most likely get broken the exact same way.
Last night I needed a huge Phillips for the safety latch covers on the lift, good thing the standard size worked, because that's what was on the impact, it didn't slip though 😃.

I hope it is for screwing things in.🤣
Which is the very few, those you'd lend to, or those who'd bring something back in like or better condition.
I always try to show my appreciation when someone loans me something, it means a lot that they've trusted me with their property, too bad so many have no understanding of what that means, entitled folks ruin it for every :buttkick:.

My boy spent nearly 2 hrs pressure washing it. After seeing it finished, I thought maybe he wanted it left as it was, now it's all shiny and will stand out when it's sitting in the woods, before it was more camouflaged lol.
I must've misread your post. I thought you were renting the lift. That's a really nice machine to have around the property. Looks good!

Oh, forgot to say. I had my wife make some fresh bread for the neighbor and the guy he borrowed the lift from/that let me borrow it, that I never met before :happy:. @H-Ranch does that make him my new best neighbor or me his best neighbor :laugh:.
Sounds like you have a pretty big new best friends group started over there. May I nominate my SIL/BIL for membership? Because I don't believe that I'm in their group. :laugh:

Yes, the lift qualifies for the "very few I'd lend to." Even as a kid, my pops would oend out darn near anything. Saws, tractors, his truck. Can't even say how many times he got burned doing that. Did the same thing with some of my stuff and got burned. F-that. There's currently about 5-6 people that I'd loan anything I own to. Few more that I'd loan non engine related equipment to, and that list recently got shorter. Loaned my delta table top planer to a "friend". Brand new blades in it. I went to pick it up since he seemed to have an issue remembering to bring it back to my place. First time I used it I realized he chipped a blade. Said something to him and got an "oh yeah, I just sanded down that spot by hand. It's not a big deal." Last time he borrowed anything from me. Blades arnt expensive, but it's just the principal. I would have bought a new set, and installed them if I boned something like that. The jerk didn't even blow it off. Same guy I helped build his shop and hasn't offered a single time to give me a hand with mine.
Some people just don't get it. Really pizz's me off.

I must've misread your post. I thought you were renting the lift. That's a really nice machine to have around the property. Looks good!
That's another peeve of mine, I don't use my good snap-on screwdrivers for prybars. Although I doubt my current dealer would say a word about it. I have a set of junker popular mechanic screw drivers for prybar/ alignment uses.

One time I borrowed a buddies truck, mower and weed whip, the exhaust fell off on the way to my place, the mower broke, did the whole place with the weed whip as I had to get it done. The good thing is I was the assistant manager at muffler/brake shop so fixing the exhaust was an easy deal, and the mower just needed a part I couldn't get on Sunday.

I hear you, loud and clear.
The way I look at it is, God's put me in charge of the things I have, and it's up to me to do a great job with them.
One time the minister of our church needed to get some tree work done, I told him he could borrow a saw, he said really, I said no way 😆. I couldn't even stand to ride in a car with him, he certainly has no idea how to run a saw let alone maintain one, but he sure was good with people. I took care of the trees for him along with most the other outdoor projects at his house, couldn't have him hurting himself or any unsuspecting equipment ;).

Speaking of equipment, lift update. Just need the electric hooked up and I can fill the reservoir and bleed it, that sure will be nice. Everyone is gonna want to borrow it, I'm not letting anyone take it home though 😅.
I really need to get my hand tools all sorted and a lot of new stuff, been working out of a smaller Craftsman box in the back of my suburban/ excursion for way to long, they're a mess. I have another box I can bring up from the basement from when I was wrenching (nothing special, just bigger), it will be nice to get that all loaded up with another set of tools.
Shoot, I need to get some updated shop pics up for you. Congrats on the lift install. Big deal not having to work on your back, on the floor working on stuff. I hear the working out of little tool boxes thing too. So glad to have my big box out in the shop and not have to run back to the house every 10 seconds.

I was abusing a large Craftsman screwdriver as a prybar and broke the tip a bit short. So I cut it down a bit and now it stays in my chainsaw work bag.

The fatter tip fits nicely into the 660 fuel and oil caps w/o much play and marks them less when removing and re-installing the caps.

Latest posts

Back