Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot, I need to get some updated shop pics up for you. Congrats on the lift install. Big deal not having to work on your back, on the floor working on stuff. I hear the working out of little tool boxes thing too. So glad to have my big box out in the shop and not have to run back to the house every 10 seconds.
Cool, love to see then, I'm just as excited for you. Not only have I been working on my back, but it's also been out in the weather since the last time I had a garage back in 95. It's hard to do when your under rusty vehicles getting crap in your eyes and out in the cold and the rain, especially after you've worked in a shop with everything you needed.
I'm actually reorganizing it a bit out there today. Next big projects are my bay doors, and the lights, and the sub-panel near the lift(in no specific order). The sub will provide power to the lift, any welders, and lights/outlets for the far bay. I have plenty of spots in the panel, but I figured it would be nice to have the sub-panel over there; maybe it's overkill, but I'll only have the one big expense for the panel and wire, then it will be cheap to wire anything with 220 over there.
Still not sure where I want to set up my compressor. I could mount it up off the floor to save space.

I’ve been raking the forest. Seems to me that someone advised us to do that, so I’m getting it done. This isn’t a wide brush rake like they put on dozers, but it’s working.

That sounds like it has a Detroit in it.

That sounds like it has a Detroit in it.

Yes it’s a 4-71T
I started in the passenger ferry business in 1999. 71's were the backbone of our fleet, we had 9 12-71 turbo's and a pair of 8-71 naturals in service. Fast forward 25 years, and most everything has been repowered, and we only have a pair of 12-71's left in our oldest, smallest, least used boat.

Latest posts

Back