Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll take any form of progress lol. Heck you're further ahead then me, I'm not even to the point where I know where a shelf can go!
That's a fact! If anything gets done it's better than nothing. LOL

The attached garage is further along than my barn to be sure. I was supposed to have $50k in equity for barn building from selling the old house when we bought this place. But... then the great recession hit. The day we listed the old house was the day the stock market crashed. And then for good measure it crashed again the next day. So we ended up with two houses for almost three years (not what it's cracked up to be). Finally sold it at basically a break even price. So now the 38x80 barn structure is built, but I'm still living with a dirt floor and no electric service. Like I think you've said before, first world problems, right?

They attack Maple? Dang! I don't have any ash here, but quite a bit of Big Leaf Maple on my property.

On a different note, I'm glad I got firewood done for this winter on Thursday. I got a call while I was at a birthday party for my granddaughter requesting that I go to North Carolina with a PNW Incident Management Team to assist with Hurricane Relief. I fly out tomorrow night or Monday.
Safe travels and as a guy with family down there, THANK YOU

If anything gets done it's better than nothing
Darn. It didn't take long to fill those shelves. Many of the jugs were purchased on clearance or other sales prices, so I try to stock up. Maybe I need to continue the shelving over the man door. 🤔 20241006_135221.jpg

Darn. It didn't take long to fill those shelves. Many of the jugs were purchased on clearance or other sales prices, so I try to stock up. Maybe I need to continue the shelving over the man door. 🤔 View attachment 1209612
Good Heavens! How much bar oil do you have! You've got BOAD (Bar Oil Acquisition Disease). Or LAD (Lube Acquisition Disease).

Good Heavens! How much bar oil do you have! You've got BOAD (Bar Oil Acquisition Disease). Or LAD (Lube Acquisition Disease).
LOL! Only 26 gallons (plus a partial in my chainsaw box). When it is on sale for $4.49, you buy more than you need in the immediate future. Same with synthetic oil for diesel engines and synthetic oil for gas engines. Oh, and washer fluid. I probably paid full price (ugh!) for a few of the bottles there.

Latest posts

Back