Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another successful lunchtime scrounge, a little oak and some beech. will be ready for the 2025/2026 burning season.
View attachment 1213914
I used to never travel without my Husky 41. If I saw it down, I'd cut and take it home. For a few years they cleared the power lines near me and every weekend I was cutting and throwing beech, birch and maple into the truck. The clone 543xp $120 saw I just bought I think will take it's place in the truck bed.

The only reasons I don't have a classic Mustang (my favorites are 67-68 Fastbacks followed by 69-70 Fastbacks) is that they are ungodly expensive and far less reliable than the Mustang I currently own. They just cannot compete with the combination of performance, handling, reliability and economy of my current Mustang.

Next on my list would be a 66 or 67 Fairlane.

I'm of the age that I would rather drive it than work on it, so I remain content with what I have. Few of my friends still drive "hotrods"!
Probably drive like a tank compared to today's standards, but I'd take a 65' Galaxie 500 over just about anything.

Back