Shindaiwa 757 chain tensioner question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preachers_Son

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello!

I just received a Shindaiwa 757 and have a question about the chain tensioner. I notice that there is play in the slide screw, meaning that it moves inside the crankcase.

Not sure if I'm missing a part or there is the wrong part there? If anyone could post a photo of what theirs looks like that would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240730_210459.jpg
    20240730_210459.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240730_210539.jpg
    20240730_210539.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
You’re missing a little snap ring. #8 in the diagram for the brake lever.
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/shindaiwa-757-chainsaw-parts-c-34630_34766_203667.html
There is a small washer that floats between the threads and the larger washer in the photo, is that important? As far as I can tell, the space between the screw head and the threads is smooth, so I don't know how the snap ring (just a c-clip?) Would stay in place to keep the screw from sliding around?

There is a small washer that floats between the threads and the larger washer in the photo, is that important? As far as I can tell, the space between the screw head and the threads is smooth, so I don't know how the snap ring (just a c-clip?) Would stay in place to keep the screw from sliding around?
There should be a groove for the clip to go in. I don’t have a 757 anymore so I can’t go look. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
They are good saws.

There should be a groove for the clip to go in. I don’t have a 757 anymore so I can’t go look. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
They are good saws.
Thank you. I thought that might be the case. Either a replacement slide screw or something else going on. Definitely no groove for a c clip. I will see if I can fashion a plastic spacer to hold the screw in place or maybe order a generic replacement.

Latest posts

Back