Should i restore it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys its ya boy Andrew. Got a summer job and haven’t been active for some time but either way… i was cleaning my shed and deep back i found my granpa’s first chainsaw.. a heavy 92 cc old soviet chainsaw. its twice as old as me.. got about 30 years.. and my granpa swore that it still runs.. these chainsaws got a separated pull cord. Meaning that you connect the rope, start the saw and then you have to take it off. I already have a guy that could provide me with another one as my granpas is broken.. what do you think? Would it be worth to restore? It need only a new pulley and rope for the accelerator really.. IMG_0350.jpegIMG_0351.jpeg

How do you hold that? Looks like bicycle handle bars so is it for just log yard use? Yeah, restore it if you have the time I'd say. It is a real piece of history of what people behind the Curtain had to deal with.

How do you hold that? Looks like bicycle handle bars so is it for just log yard use? Yeah, restore it if you have the time I'd say. It is a real piece of history of what people behind the Curtain had to deal with.
Yeah, you hold by the bars.. and its really heavy.. it weighs like 10 kg’s empty.. and to think my granpa carried it everyday when he was a logger.. its.. insane..😭

Looks like the “lightweight” bar design has been around awhile.
Yeah, and if you look on where the nose is connected to the bars body.. those are built in springs.. the soviets weren’t playing around..granpa bought this 30 years ago.. back in 1994 🧍🏼

Latest posts

Back