Stihl 029 super Malissa Brazilian saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakey jake

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just picked up this 029 super to go along with my 028 AV was told it’s possibly mid 90s and was told it’s definitely a Malisia Brazilian saw? I’m not really framiliar with them. paid 250 for it I know it’s a screamer and is super snappy thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2869.png
    IMG_2869.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2870.png
    IMG_2870.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2871.png
    IMG_2871.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
where saw is made 2023 info
If the first digit in the serial number is a 1 then it was manufactured in Germany
If it’s a 2 or a 5 it was manufactured in the United States
A 3 means it’s manufactured in Brazil
Serial starting with 8 is Chinese made
Starting with 4 means made in Austria

where saw is made 2023 info
If the first digit in the serial number is a 1 then it was manufactured in Germany
If it’s a 2 or a 5 it was manufactured in the United States
A 3 means it’s manufactured in Brazil
Serial starting with 8 is Chinese made
Starting with 4 means made in Austria
Now see I’m talking to a guy in one of the STIHl groups on Facebook who used to be a dealer back in the day and has all the paperwork he swears 2 is Brazil either way I’m happy with the saw just like to know what I got..

It says made in USA right on it. Either way it's not a desirable saw.
Well I didn’t buy it cuz I thought it was desirable I bought it because I got it for a good price not very far from my house and it’s in good condition and I like to cut up firewood and it’s a good firewood saw just like to know what I have thanks.

Now see I’m talking to a guy in one of the STIHl groups on Facebook who used to be a dealer back in the day and has all the paperwork he swears 2 is Brazil either way I’m happy with the saw just like to know what I got..
It's says made in the USA right on the starter cover....

Not desirable? I love it. One of the highest selling saws out there with little failure. I have yet to see one that failed from anything other than abuse. Considering most of them are in the hands of amateurs and get no maintenance (what air filter? sharpen, no, I just push harder) It may be the most desirable saw in those hands.

Not desirable? I love it. One of the highest selling saws out there with little failure. I have yet to see one thfailed from anything other than abuse. Considering most of them are in the hands of amateurs and get no maintenance (what air filter? sharpen, no, I just push harder) It may be the most desirable saw in those hands.
My dad bought me a 029 for my first saw. Never had issues with it, but it was a turd in all areas.
Yea, they aren't desirable and one from Brazil would be even less so.

I have had two 029s recently, one went to a friend and one I gave to my FIL. Both of them were great saws and tough as nails.

Back