Stihl 039 opinions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChipMonger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
All-

Some time ago...mid 90's...I gave a buddy of mine my first saw, a Stihl 039. I was over at his shop and saw it sitting there. I asked him if he uses it at all, he said very rarely. Im thinking of trying to get it back. Its in great shape. Has anyone ever had one ported? whats good and bad about them. I know nothing about the 039's.

Thanks!

Ignore everything troll says. It is a great firewood saw. Basically the same as an MS-390 minus the decomp and flippy caps. Easy to work on, and TONS of parts out there (except top ends.) If you can get it back cheap, it would be a fun saw to fool around with muffler modding, etc.

Don't get me wrong there, Chip. I agree with Doc and have an 039 and it'll jump up and bark. It's just that we're barely recovering from another 039 wee-wee contest thread that ya may wanna check out instead of asking the same questions again that'll likely encounter the same responses.

Or (heaven forbid) use the search function and still end up with all of the same useless arguing.

Go get your saw back. Cut wood. Feel good about it.:chainsaw:

Good luck.:cheers:

Poge

Stihl 039 opinions

It is a good saw, A hair more hp than the new ms311 but a little lighter. Get it and enjoy!!:chainsaw:

Back