• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 056 mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not for daily use for sure, but just like them for the amount I do use one. I have a larger 076 when needed but it’s a bit heavy.
That gives a wee bit more of a clear pic. HAHA @ an 076 being a bit heavy.

I ought to know about the weight of 076's, I have 2 075's and an 051.

As Per acresinternet.com website the 076 weighs
WEIGHT:​
ecblank.gif
11.3kg with 43cm bar & chain
24.9 lbs. with 17 in. bar & chain

056 ( I don't see the added weight of a bar included)
WEIGHT:​
ecblank.gif
9.4 kg (20.7 lbs.)

All depends on condition and if everything works as it should and not looking for one pieced together.

I have 2 x 056 Magnums and 2 x 076 Supers

The 056s have the OEM dual ported mufflers (ear protection is mandatory not optional) and are absolute old school muscle saws.....after using them you will have sore muscles too
They are heavy to wield but will cut through anything the Aussie bush can throw at you, i have milled with them using a 36 inch bar without any issues and buck with a 24 inch bar.
They never fail to bring a smile to my face and are probably my favourite saws, they sound amazing when revving out, no other Stihls out of the factory sound better, oddly my 009L is my second favourite sounding saw. The little reed valve makes it pop!

The 076s are a step up from the 056s. Much heavier but much more powerful too. Probably over kill for normal use but perfect for milling, especially with the manual oiler button. Only one of my 076s is running, i have some parts coming from Saegenspezi which should allow me to get it up and running again

Both these saws are probably the best and most robust that Stihl ever made. (070 and 090 included in that list) Although they don't rev as hard as the 661s or 881s they have more torque and i would take them over the new ones any day just because they are so cool

All that being said, parts are a major problem, either so expensive or impossible to find.........if you need a new muffler for either maybe its time to buy another saw because you wont find one easily. I have had to do repairs to both saws by fabricating my own parts or cannibalizing and adapting from other saws

Sorry I would never sell them but if you keep looking you will find one and once you get one I know you will love it as much as I do

I got a few replies from my friends on FB.

One has one of his own, one out in Montana knows of someone selling an 056 Super. I will let @sross message here or in PM if he is interested in having me inquire about the Montana one. If that is an option for him, I am pretty sure my buddy could check out the saw personally and report back on how it looks, runs, needs anything etc.

I also have a local friend who has a buddy here in MD who is selling an MS660. He asked if sross would consider one of those instead of the 056.
I have one of these of my own I might possibly part with too if so.

Back