Stihl Helmet IPL?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

Anybody know where I can find an IPL for the Stihl forestry helmet systems? I am currently looking for sweatbands and pads. I know that they used to sell replacement parts when they were made by American Optical (AO).

Thanks,
Steve

Which helmet system do you mean from Stihl? There are different ones.

Great question! Stihl has previously outsourced helmets from Peltor and A/O. The one that I am looking at is missing any of these marks so the manufacturer is either Stihl or unknown.

This one does have Model #886-0102 molded into the orange helmet. Inside the helmet is a white label that has Made In USA #6035-1. Hopefully this will provide enough information to identify the helmet.

Thanks,
Steve

I think I`ve found what you mean but my cataloge won`t let me print the page.

It should be foresty helmet 0000 886 0102

Spare Parts:
1. Suspension System: 0000 886 9901
2. Visor carrier: 0000 886 0201
3. Complete Hygiene Kit: 0000 886 0408
4. Black visor screen: 0000 886 0203
5. 1Pair hearing protectors: 0000 886 0406
6. Pin Set: 0000 886 0109

I think I`ve found what you mean but my cataloge won`t let me print the page.

It should be foresty helmet 0000 886 0102
Sounds right! I am looking for the replacement forehead sweat band and the foam cushion that goes on the back of the ratcheting size knob. These pieces should be cheap... once I find the part numbers!

Just out of curiosity where did you find your information? Is it non-indexed in media-cat? If the catalog (PDF) isn't too large you can send it to me in a PM.

Thanks,
Steve

It`s in an old dealer support catalog from 2006. Too large to send. The sweat band and the foam cushion should be in the complete hygiene kit. I was able to copy the page now. See file attached.
Got it! Now off to the dealer to see if he can get these parts.

Thanks,
Steve

I was able to order a new suspension and hygiene kit via the local Stihl dealer today, using the numbers in the 2006 catalog posted above. I ordered them today for my new-to-me Stihl forestry helmet which in its down time served admirably as the structure for quite a mouse home.

I was able to order a new suspension and hygiene kit via the local Stihl dealer today, using the numbers in the 2006 catalog posted above. I ordered them today for my new-to-me Stihl forestry helmet which in its down time served admirably as the structure for quite a mouse home.
I think that if past memory serves the "hygiene kit" is only the ear muff surround and foam and doesn't include any sweat band or rear foam on the suspension which is what I am looking for.

Run this part number past your local dealer:

7004 884 0103

Run this part number past your local dealer:
7004 884 0103
From the few pictures I have been able to find of this part number it appears that this will NOT fit my particular helmet. It appears to be intended for the "884" helmet. Mine is an "886".

Latest posts

Back