Stihl Promark Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone besides Stihl #1 ever tried the Stihl Promark boots? Do they run big at all? Are they waterproof or insulated? All I know is that they are steel-toed, Kevlar lined, and have a protective cap on the exterior of the toe.

I've worn and paid for several different pairs of Stihl boots over the years and the only one's I have found any good are the "Alpine mountain" chainsaw boots. For good waterproof ,hardwearing ,summer and winter chainsaw boots have a look at HIAX brand.
Most of Stihl's boots are made by ELTEN. The cheaper boots Stihl sell are not very comfortable or long lasting !

Brad, post in the Logging section. They will tell you what to get. If you want to spend big bucks, Danner, Red Wing, Carolina, etc.....are good boots. I think you would enjoy some shorter height logger boots from any traditional boot company.

I wear Stihl Alpines all day, everyday. Like them a lot, waterproof, good with spurs, sturdy.

They get abused, but when taken well care of they last 1.5 years.

why?

ohhhh ya
the have STIHL on them......

my bil sells stihl, and laughs at the over price stuff people ask for and buy......

I've worn and paid for several different pairs of Stihl boots over the years and the only one's I have found any good are the "Alpine mountain" chainsaw boots. For good waterproof ,hardwearing ,summer and winter chainsaw boots have a look at HIAX brand.
Most of Stihl's boots are made by ELTEN. The cheaper boots Stihl sell are not very comfortable or long lasting !

Hiax? You mean Haix?

Why buy foreign if you don’t need too?? The best boots available are still made in the USA. Whites, Nicks, Wesco, Dehner and others can hook you up with the BEST boots money can buy. STIHL does not need any more of your hard earned money.

You could look into Labonville boots, ive got a pair, they work nice, but they arent waterproof or insulated, but Snoseal works good on them and keeps em watertight for a bit. the stihl boots cost and arm and a leg, last time i saw some for sale the guy wanted $300 for em. i just left the store at that point, no thanks.

The actual American Made Red Wings are excellent boots. I have a tall pair of steel toe loggers and a pair of regular steel toe. Both pairs were extremely expensive, shoe truck at work discount included, but longevity and comfort taken into account I think they're worth getting. It took me about a year to wear a pair of Timberland titanium toe boots to nothing(although they were very comfy boots) while the Red Wings are ugly but far from being beat at a year and a half.

apache bay loggers from chippewa are great, all leather, double and triple stitched steel toe. i get a pair from my local bootshop for about 130 bones with an extra pair of laces and a pair of redwing or carhartt socks for free!
i buy a new pair every 2-3 years so they can be broke in slowly and i keep several pairs around. BTW those carhartt boot socks are awesome for those that dont know around 5 bucks pair. all season winter and summer weights or something like that.

Yes Forestryworks my mistake Haix !
Epicklein mentioned Danner any one try them ? Had my first pair of Danner's about 15 years ago, not chainsaw type, and found out how spending a lot of money on a pair of boots made long cold wet days far better !

Like I said guys, I can get a new pair of the Stihl Promarks for $125. That's a lot less than most of the boots mentioned. They're normally closer to $300 I believe. I just wondered if anyone had a pair or knew someone that did and could comment on their quality.

I was talking to another dealer about them on Thursday and he has a lot of them being used by loggers and town crews and they last very well for them.
If you can score a pair for 125$ I'd say go for it.

Like I said guys, I can get a new pair of the Stihl Promarks for $125. That's a lot less than most of the boots mentioned. They're normally closer to $300 I believe. I just wondered if anyone had a pair or knew someone that did and could comment on their quality.

Could you swing a "group buy"? I'd like to have a pair myself, but have yet to find a dealer with them. $300 is out of the question, though...

It's only one pair. LINK. I just bought them. They may be 1/2 size too small so you may see them for sale again. If so, I'll only be looking to get out of them what I paid for them. My feet are nearly a full size different left to right, so the size I buy varies. I'm guessing these will fit fine.

Back