Sudbividing the saw forum.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divide the forum?

• Aint broke, don't fix it!

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • I don't care, I'm hust gald it is here!

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Hell yeah, there is just too much good stuff goin on here for one forum!!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Huh?

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
Did not see anything in here so I thought I would post a poll myself.

Arborveiw posted a concern in the support forum about the number of posts here and difficulty tracking down info in old threads.

He suggested breaking down the forum into different OEM groups and niche catagories like racing.

So waddayall think?

Sounds good to me. Also, if the saw freaks would get a little brave and check out the rest of Arboristsite they would find that there's a forum for every subject under the sun here and they wouldn't have to apologize for being off topic. JP, remember way back when we thought a thousand posts for the whole site was a big deal? Almost 10,000 now in chainsaws alone, and 70% of them in the last three months.

I see both sides:

some may want to search around for specific advice, and making that easier would be fine.

Some of us pretty much know enough to get by in whatever we're doing, and use the forum just to B.S. each other. WE don't look back very often, we're just carrying on a conversation. The question is, then, what does the site owner want to do, how much effort does ownership want to put into this thing?

I noticed the same trend as Mr. Sanborn, everbody's looking but nobody's voting. BUT, the majority who have voted are in favor of KEEPING things as they are. If 240 people showed up at the local election polls, went in the voting booth, but only 24 actually voted, they wouldn't throw the results out because of lack of interest. I'm new to the forum but enjoy the diversity of topics in the chainsaw area. I wouldn't change it. I did like the idea of archiving old threads that haven't seen any activity over a certain period of time. Just my two cents.

There you go, give a few of the diehard members tha ability to archive into topical subgroups and merge those that are related.

That'll keep 'em buissy for a while!:D

Back