Technical questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Please feel free to ask me about any weird problems you may be having. I will do my best to solve them for you. I have 16 years experience as a factory trained Stihl and Husqvarna mechanic and also have a degree in Mechanical engineering (1991-1996). This is a free service. Cheers, Simon.

:rolleyes: I have a few weird problems. Do they have to be chainsaw related to ask you about them? :dizzy:

My Husqvarna "Wild thing" has a wart on it, should I be concerned?

Please feel free to ask "ME" about any relationship problems you all may be having,
I am a factory trained Stihl Psychotherapist, I will give you girls the AS discount,
but I accept tips and "other" gratuities.
I also have a masters degree in scatalogical engineering, I am working on my doctorate, you all are the subjects of my thesis in progress.
Feel free to ask me anything!
I will try to raise you all out of the swill/mire you all are stuck in!!!!!
I have a good 2 1/2 years experience as a chainsaw mechanic, I ,I went to
Canada twice!!!
Before you all pull that trigger, let me try to help!!!!

You guys complete me.................................

Sweepsweek................

Fish said:
My Husqvarna "Wild thing" has a wart on it, should I be concerned?

Please feel free to ask "ME" about any relationship problems you all may be having,
I am a factory trained Stihl Psychotherapist, I will give you girls the AS discount,
but I accept tips and "other" gratuities.
I also have a masters degree in scatalogical engineering, I am working on my doctorate, you all are the subjects of my thesis in progress.
Feel free to ask me anything!
I will try to raise you all out of the swill/mire you all are stuck in!!!!!
I have a good 2 1/2 years experience as a chainsaw mechanic, I ,I went to
Canada twice!!!
Before you all pull that trigger, let me try to help!!!!

You guys complete me.................................

Sweepsweek................
Considering you are from Beaver Lake KY, you seem to be a perfectly normal intellectual specimen. The virus causing your wart will weaken in time and your wild thing should likely return to its normal state.

Also, you guys don't need to email me. Post them here, no problem. There may be input from other people as well. There is no technical problem we can't solve together in very short order. Cheers, Simon.

Ok guys, I will bow out here. Darin, I expect my full pension! I am old and ready to
retire.

OK simon, what about high octane gas? Synthetic oils?

Yeah, you arborist scum, do not bother me with e-mails. There may be some
worthless posts by other arboristsite members that may edify, add to my infinite
wisdom that I may dribble onto this worthless forum we call arboristsite.com.
E-mails insult my intelligence and wisdom on all things "chainsaw"...............

Post your questions for my responses here on the forum, so all here will benefit
from my expertise, an no one will doubt my position here!!!!!!
But I digresssss............................................................................

Fish said:
Ok guys, I will bow out here. Darin, I expect my full pension! I am old and ready to
retire.

OK simon, what about high octane gas? Synthetic oils?

Yeah, you arborist scum, do not bother me with e-mails. There may be some
worthless posts by other arboristsite members that may edify, add to my infinite
wisdom that I may dribble onto this worthless forum we call arboristsite.com.
E-mails insult my intelligence and wisdom on all things "chainsaw"...............

Post your questions for my responses here on the forum, so all here will benefit
from my expertise, an no one will doubt my position here!!!!!!
But I digresssss............................................................................
Hi octane fuel is only required when an engine is bordering on detonation and/or pre-ignition. Octane is an interesting topic. I won't bore you with details of how this number is arrived at as anyone with a computer can "google" it. I was interested in this in organic chemistry when we were learning how to name long hydrocarbon chains etc. using the IUPAC format. Synthetic oils I have mixed feelings about (No pun intended) they have some brilliant properties yet fall short in others. Please don't take an offensive stance against me here buddy. I am not trying to be arrogant, just helpful to people in this industry.

Ok, you pass the test. You are full of enough "info" to fit right in here In fact,
you might displace our "Michigan Posse".
Sorry it is my job to stir up trouble, just do not cause as much trouble as Stihltech
and I will sit down, and go back to selling carpet here in Ky. Do you need any
indoor/outdoor coverings? I can give a good discount to/for my chainsaw buddies.
Even if they live in Canada, I can be competitive. I can also help around their
treestands, with my buck/oat mini-shag rug. With a small $200 retainer, I can
ensure results. Deer love me, and hate Canadians. The chainsaw industry?
I am sorry, just fooling about

Simonizer said:
Please don't take an offensive stance against me here buddy. I am not trying to be arrogant, just helpful to people in this industry.

Fish is just "Fishing" here, Simon. Looks like he has almost set the hook, lol.

Unfortunately with you being Canadian and from the end opposite Quebec, you probably aren`t accustomed to obnoxious wise guys like Fish who actually mean no harm.

Besides, Fish deserves pity since he is still in Kentucky, the state that wishes it were Pennsylvania, which wishes it were Ohio because they have a good amusement park with roller coasters. Everyone keeps forgetting that it`s good old West Virginia with their homebrewed alcohol where things are really happening.

Has anyone welcomed you to the forum yet? Here`s a welcome from New York!

Russ

He is right though, just giving you a hard time, because you were asking for it................

jokers said:
Fish is just "Fishing" here, Simon. Looks like he has almost set the hook, lol.

Unfortunately with you being Canadian and from the end opposite Quebec, you probably aren`t accustomed to obnoxious wise guys like Fish who actually mean no harm.

Besides, Fish deserves pity since he is still in Kentucky, the state that wishes it were Pennsylvania, which wishes it were Ohio because they have a good amusement park with roller coasters.

Has anyone welcomed you to the forum yet? Here`s a welcome from New York!

Russ
Thanks Russ. I have worked in New York as an engineer (1997). Long Island is beautiful. I have close connections with Stihl and Husqvarna and wish to act as a sounding board for both sides. I give feedback to them, they ask for feed back from customers through me. Due to our location and environment we are mainly focused on saws 65 cc's and up. Kind regards.

Fish said:
I moved to Loretto, Ky. The bourbon here is primo!
Why did you leave beaver lake area? I was raised just north of there in Greenup.

Okay Simon I have one for you.

I have a 281XP that won't oil is there an obvious cause or problem I should look for? The guy I bought it from told me that his local saw shop suggested a nylon drive cog was probably the culprit. I haven't got into the saw yet to investigate, but any tips or info will be gratefully received.

Dan

OK, Simonizer I have a HD-8a carb on my 046 I am getting ready to rebuild it on the lever adjustment do I use a straight edge across the top of the carb? looking at a photo of the Walbro lever adjustment tool the HDA, HDB are on the straight edge so I could just use any straight edge to set my lever adjustment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back