The Case for Full Wraps. (And Long Bars.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
361kid said:
Jeff, what type of chaps are you wearing? Looking to pick up a new pair, and those look pretty comfy.

They're actually Filson brush pants, like what I wear bird hunting, with Labonville pads underneath them. They're what I wear in timber because there's no outside chap to snag on things. I do wear Bailey's Woodsman chaps when I'm in my yard cutting firewood.

I've got three different pairs of Filson that I wear depending on weather. Here's an example-

http://www.filson.com/product/index...&cp=2069836.2069840.2075099&parentPage=family

Jeff

woodfarmer said:
don't hold me in suspense where are the rest of the pics, the back cut and the fall?

Here ya go. I had to resize them. They were take on 35 mm and put on disc at Wal Mart, so they were all like 1.7 MB, which would kill the dial-uppers.

And yes, "stump shot" is in motion. The top isn't laying on my truck or in another tree or anything like that. My buddy Pat somehow caught that just as the notch was closing, and he was clearing the area like I was.

Jeff

Last edited:
B_Turner said:
Is that your typical height for the backcut in relationship to the hinge?

Nah, I'll admit, that back cut was uneven. I was on the downhill side of that cut, so everything was off kilter. The backcut was low on the near side. I won't lie to ya, my cuts ain't always pretty! :cry:

But you can see I had a really pretty hinge! :biggrinbounce2:

attachment.php

Last edited:
fishhuntcutwood said:
I've seen those. Doesn't Bailey's carry them? But I've got so many regular screnches I couldn't bear buying a shorter one when I've got a nice band saw at work!

The do rub a bit once in a whle on 3/4 wrap bars, so the modded ones just make it a bit easier.

Jeff

Bandsaw, I only wish. Hacksaw, but it was a quick cut.

Mark

Latest posts

Back