MS362 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ran both versions of the 362 and I own a 400. The 362's are dogs in comparison.
Ditto, I have had four of the 362s mtronic and regular manufactured over many years with several different minor design changes and I then decided to get a new ms 400 before they might become unavailable with 400.1, wow to feel the difference side by side make it worth the price difference, hands down imo.

It's sold with wrap, regular and heated here

They should be. They are 8cc smaller. The 400 at 67cc is a 70cc class saw. Obviously.

The original 362's could run with any 60cc saw, but not with a pro 70cc saw, obviously. The moronic ones were torque-less. The latest ones, I have no idea.

The 400 is 300 dollars more in canada. That is significant enough, imo to seriously evaluate one's needs.
The 361 with a simple muffler mod smokes the 362. The Husky 562 smokes the 362 as well.
You are the literally the only guy who likes the performance of the 362.
Mtronic does not produce less torque either..

My old 362 pulls its 18 buried in anything I have around here. It's all dead and dry. Some of the beetle/drought killed jackpine is very hard. And so is some of the drought-killed aspen. It was growing slowly in sand for 30 years or more. The old mtronic 362's were torque-less because they were simply too lean. Always. Everywhere. Mine isn't because I can tune it, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

The 400 should pull a 24. It's basically a 70cc saw. Weight isn't everything. Balance is, imo.

I don't know what happened to the 362. The originals without moronic are torquey.
Both Jackpine and Aspen are butter soft. And I have cut old growth jack pine while lived in far north Canada. Maybe your perspective on the 362 would change if you cut more substantial wood?

362 was always weak for what is was IMO. My $400 Echo 590 stayed right with it, my 620 was a good bit stronger. Neither of the Echos are exactly powerhouses in the 60cc class FWIW

Latest posts

Back