Tiny Camera Goes Through Carburetor Into Bottom End

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brought an inspection cam with articulating end. It’s 3.9mm diameter. It will take a bit of practise, but here I am going through the carburetor, under the butterfly, through the intake manifold, then I can see the big and small end bearings and lastly transfers and inside the underneath of the piston. With a slight repositioning of the crank I could see part of both main bearings too.

Seems like that thing can come in handy! Was it expensive?
This one was, but I have had 2 in the past and both just sub par and ended up being more frustrating than they’re worth. I got it for 200 USD.
It was the small camera, that it articulated 210 degrees in both directions and is full hd that was important. It’s called teslong Td500 3.9mm

I didn’t even consider the cheap ones on Amazon, I avoid the cheap stuff wherever possible, it’s only ever been a disappointment.
I paid less than $20 on Amazon for one that uses my smartphone as a monitor. Works great and helped me find a socket I dropped behind the engine I would never have found without it

I paid less than $20 on Amazon for one that uses my smartphone as a monitor. Works great and helped me find a socket I dropped behind the engine I would never have found without it
I had one that used an app, the app wasn’t maintained and it stopped working, the camera went in the bin. I wanted one with a screen to avoid any issues of 3rd party control

Edit: found one on Amazon for $20 that links to phone, first review that came up :

IMG_0515.jpeg

Does it also have a tiny diameter, something like the mentioned 3,9mm?

I brought an inspection cam with articulating end. It’s 3.9mm diameter. It will take a bit of practise, but here I am going through the carburetor, under the butterfly, through the intake manifold, then I can see the big and small end bearings and lastly transfers and inside the underneath of the piston. With a slight repositioning of the crank I could see part of both main bearings too.

Mind posting a link to your bore scope.Much obliged.

Does it also have a tiny diameter, something like the mentioned 3,9mm?
Pretty small. 5.5mm but it comes in different sizes. I just plug it right into my android and it works. You can also plug it into a laptop. $20 with a 30% off coupon. I've used it several times. I didn't buy it to use on my rifles but to look behind engines, into cylinders etc. It would work on a .244 and up, maybe a 243 but not a 223.
https://www.amazon.com/Seesi-Endosc...on-Semi-Rigid/dp/B07PBF6DX5/ref=sr_1_3?sr=8-3

Latest posts

Back