Todays score........... and my new toy "The Barshop"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 031's were actually a great score considering I can triple my money with them on ebay. ;)

I'm all for sharing them, but I lack the pc skills to do so. If somebody can do it efficiently, I'd be glad to send them to that person.

I am that person. :msp_thumbup:

But it takes alot of time.

My point was you can find 031's all the time but not the manuals as far as I know anyway.

Here's a couple other pieces that came with the barshop. One looks like some kind of bar clamp, and the other might be a tool??

Hopefully I can get the manual to figure everything out.

Once I get it figured out, I'll do a video of it in action.

IMG_5039.jpg

I am that person. :msp_thumbup:

But it takes alot of time.

My point was you can find 031's all the time but not the manuals as far as I know anyway.

I could do it too.

And I'll only take an 031 as payment. :hmm3grin2orange:

PM box now has room.

I wonder if you could use your credits to rent a bigger box?

You guys realize there are hundreds of pages? :msp_smile:

There's also a bunch of "micro fish??" in the one book also.

Nice find!.....It's an older model than mine but should work real good for you. I use mine almost everyday, mostly the sander wheel for aluminum. I've made many hotsaw bars, roller nose bars, and still refubish my son's work bars all the time. Very good machine, and yes you still can buy the grinding wheels and grooving disks from Speciality Motors. Don't know about the manual, and I don't have one.

You guys realize there are hundreds of pages? :msp_smile:

There's also a bunch of "micro fish??" in the one book also.

Oh yeah I realize that, why do you think I was so quick to do the hand off to Wendell. :hmm3grin2orange:

I had some microfiche copied once, theres a place in Lansing IL that does it but it cost a few bucks and they really dont turn out that well if you ask me.

I did the last buch when I was off work from the sholder surgery and had the time to sit and do it.

Bones, you always come up with the coolest old adds/pictures. The company is still in business, and I believe all parts are still available. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they have any manuals on this thing. Plus I want to stock up on the groove discs.

Spent many hours scanning pics and ads from old magazines.

Most of my saw stuff is in this bucket account. ( Fast connection required ). Pictures by mrbigsaw - Photobucket

Lots of heavy equipment and logging stuff in my other account and a few saws. Pictures by mrbigsawz - Photobucket

Ric are you sure that's not you in the pic, wearing the jacket with the collar flipped up?:jester:

It does look a bit like my daddy but this was me in the fifty's. :)

ScannedImage-1.jpg

Cool pic. Thanks for taking the time to scan those old adds, I really enjoy them. :msp_thumbup:

Seems like one of those 031's could be a thank you to a certain person who drove way out of his way (and who really needs a Stihl saw) to get somebody who shall not be named a Sachs Dolmar saw that he really wanted. :hmm3grin2orange:

.. what about throwing the 'spotter' a bone, too?

I tried looking for something like a Barshop for a while but I couldn't find anything... so I made my own. Sorry it's not the most recent picture but I think you get the idea. I've since ditched the CBN wheel and went with normal cutting wheels and made a stand. The next time I'm out in the shop I'll snap a picture of it's current state. It still looks like a prototype but it works well.

IMG_0884.jpg

One thing I don't see on the Barshop is an easy way to adjust the grooving wheel to base distance, it looks fixed. So how do you center the grove for different bar thicknesses? That is why I included a vertical adjustment on the table. Yes, it's a re-purposed cross-slide vise.

The long bar nut is made to screw a fiber glass rod into the same length as your firewood to measure each length.

Now that is the coolest thing Ive seen for a gadget.I bet taht would be a handy rig, And the barshop is nice too if i had seen one i would'nt have kknown what it was till today. Even though i am really super smart( :jester: ) I learn somthing every time i log on. Great find.

Back