Trying to ID a chain.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John from Cle Elum

At some point a decision will have to be made.
Reaction score
This came off a older electric chainsaw. The logo is two ovals that are both intersected with another oval. The drive links are stamped with a either a stamped IA or a 1A. It is a very lightweight chain. I wanted to either replace it or enough information to resharpen it.
Thanks for any help
John

IMG_20240617_121838.jpg

You'll need to measure pitch and gauge. Thus:

https://www.madsens1.com/how-to-measure-chain-pitch

Then, count the drive links.

You have a so-called "safety" or "reduced kick-back" chain. And, semi-chisel cutters.

Armed with pitch, gauge, drive links, safety, semi-chisel...you have all the intel you need to either buy a new chain or buy the correct file to sharpen what you got. There is plenty of life left in that chain.

Or...take the chain to a saw shop and they will sell you the correct chain or file.

Roy

I can measure a chain. What has me confused is that the chain appears to be very narrow kerf. I would also like to know the who made it so I can order one very similar narrow kert and/or get the right file and angles to resharpen it. I think it was used on a low power electric pole saw .

Trilink chinese chain ,lots of it sold on eBay
s-l1600.webp

Trilink, good name, matches the logo. I will see if I can find a replacement. It has narrow kerf cutters.

Thanks for the help.
John
I see it on eBay all the time, have never seen it in the repair shops or dealers yet. It is cheap chain no one wants to own up to using.

Back