Unhappy With 390XP Porting Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad,

I'm not on any side here. But, perhaps what's happening here is this:

1. Original poster had problem but is vague.

2. Facts are coaxed out.

3. Other posters start confirming original posters problem by stating personal stories of their own.

4. You stay this needs to stop.

5. Focus turns to I said stop, no I didn't, etc.

6. You drop the "I heard he had a heart attack" bomb.

Brad, if you want this to stop, then STOP.

Just trying to be honest here,

Joat

Brad,

I'm not on any side here. But, perhaps what's happening here is this:

1. Original poster had problem but is vague.

2. Facts are coaxed out.

3. Other posters start confirming original posters problem by stating personal stories of their own.

4. You stay this needs to stop.

5. Focus turns to I said stop, no I didn't, etc.

6. You drop the "I heard he had a heart attack" bomb.

Brad, if you want this to stop, then STOP.

Just trying to be honest here,

Joat

No offense taken. Just passing along info.

I paid for a guy to buy and port a new 346xp for me 4 years ago, I moved at the same time he claimed he sent the saw without giving me warning so I could tell him of my upcoming address change (after about 8 months or something) and I never got the saw. Quite gutting.

Dean is a super nice guy. I've talked with him on the phone multiple times. Always very helpful. I can also vouch that his health is very poor. I don't know all the details, but he has had many surgeries and is headed for more. That doesn't explain everything, but it does help put it in perspective a little.

I agree he is one of the nicest people I've talked to on the phone and was very helpful but I have to admit I would not send any work his way because of the long turnaround time involved not because of the quality of his work. He is the reason I started doing my own work several years ago. I bought a new 390XP from him with a stage 3 mod. done to it he had a little trouble getting a non-limiting coil for it but when it was all said and done the saw was a real good runner, made a stock 066 look sad. I hope things are getting better for him.

We all started somewhere; I don't build hot saws but have turned out some nice running works saws over the last couple years.

If you’re going to go it alone read up and ask a lot of questions and if something still don't make sense ask some more question and get pictures if you can take your time and you might surprise yourself when it's all done.

Good luck - :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back