Unhappy With 390XP Porting Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you're out 500 dollars.:angry::angry:

I understand your frustration, seriously. But you're just beating a dead horse into the ground. You've let us know what happened, now it's between you and Dean.

I disagree, the more newb's that get fair warning the better.
And this has been going on well before anyone got sick. I remember a 192 Marguay (how gay is that) that a guy from England had to beg for to get, that was what 4 years ago?? And that kinda ended a certain builders welcome on that forum.
I've heard of more as well, let's leave it at that.

And this has been going on well before anyone got sick. I remember a 192 Marguay (how gay is that) that a guy from England had to beg for to get, that was what 4 years ago?? And that kinda ended a certain builders welcome on that forum.

But what good is it going to do? It's not going to get anyone a refund and it doesn't sound like he's going to be building any more saws.

If someone has something new to say more power to them let it out but once said let it go. The repeated bashing comes across as childish and petty.

I agree Dave... there are a lot of builders out there that could give our current builders with great reputations a bad name. People shouldn't have to beg, plead and threaten to get the work done that they paid hard earned money for.

This goes beyond Dean in this respect. Too many stories of saw builders sittin' on stuff, and then producing marginal results when delivered. There are even some guys with great reputations for building kick a$$ saws that still sit on them for months, and sometimes years...

I have run modded saws before. None of them were mine. They are a ball to run. Especially on the job. I prefer stock saws with factory muffler mods. It's prolly the knuckledragger in me... but I never understood why some guy that lives in a culdesac that doesn't even have a wood stove would want a modded saw. Those are usually the guys that rant and rave about how great their modded saw is. They wouldn't know the difference anyways. Whether the work was shoddy, or great.

Nowthen... I'm not tryin' to slag on you guys that like "modded" saws... even weekend wood cutters don't need a modded saw. Just for the "cool" factor I guess... but again... havin' a modded saw for cuttin' through cants ata GTG, or competing in "log Shows" and such... I totally understand that...

Anyways... Like Dave said... new guys need to know who to stay away from. Just 'cuz they gots a cool website, and built a few "fast" saws... don't make them reputable. You want reputable, look no further than the guys we have buildin' saws on here right now... :)

Gary

But what good is it going to do? It's not going to get anyone a refund and it doesn't sound like he's going to be building any more saws.

If someone has something new to say more power to them let it out but once said let it go. The repeated bashing comes across as childish and petty.

Well... I tell ya what. Send me 500 bucks, and then beg for me to give it back to a... you'll think differently.

Gary

HTML:
... but I never understood why some guy that lives in a culdesac that doesn't even have a wood stove would want a modded saw. Those are usually the guys that rant and rave about how great their modded saw is.

Kind of like some of the guys I use to ride with. I told them if they wasted any more money on their bikes, they were just being trendy, making up for a lack of manhood, and dumb. I always said that if you could ride a 250cc motocross bike that had more than the basic pipe/ex, reeds, ect. mods, you would be earning a living on that machine. Never rode with too many guys that could tap the whole potential of a full blown built mx bike in the 250 range. You would be on a circuit, making money.

Like with saws, too many guys have extra money, an obsession with "being manly", having extra cool stuff and crap like that. I laughed my ass off when Treeslinger mentioned being gay for muffler modding a 260. That about sums it up.

Well... I tell ya what. Send me 500 bucks, and then beg for me to give it back to a... you'll think differently.

Gary

I'm not trying to defend anyone I just don't see the point in beating a dead horse. Sounds like some people got :censored:, it sucks and you're right I'd be pi$$ed too but hopefully I could move on. Sounds like some people are letting it eat them up.

And I don't have a spare $500.00 to send, maybe after the next round of stimulus. :D

Last I checked......it wasn't up to you, me either for that matter. But I'm not telling anyone to shut up.

You don't see the good of it, that's too bad. I can see the good in it, in fact I can't see the harm. Maybe this will help some newb out not get suckered in by some carny selling snake oil and ceramic bearings.

For every guy that's complaining how many are to embarrassed? How many took their lumps and chalked it up to experience? I know of a few that have said nothing, what about you? What the hell do you know?

Last I checked......it wasn't up to you, me either for that matter. But I'm not telling anyone to shut up.

You don't see the good of it, that's too bad. I can see the good in it, in fact I can't see the harm. Maybe this will help some newb out not get suckered in by some carny selling snake oil and ceramic bearings.

For every guy that's complaining how many are to embarrassed? How many took their lumps and chalked it up to experience? I know of a few that have said nothing, what about you? What the hell do you know?

Why all the hate for ceramics? I've done a lot of research into ceramics, and they have a future in a lot of the machines we use today. Ceramic bearings, in some cases, will outlast steel alloy bearings.

Ceramic coatings are also awesome... NASA uses the crap out'a them.

Looking back I don't see where I told anyone to "shut up" Just that we got the point and the continued bashing wasn't necessary. I did say anyone who had something to say should, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from sharing.

As for saving some newb from being suckered look back, it sounds like he's done building saws but then I've only read the entire thread "what the hell do I know".

Why all the hate for ceramics? I've done a lot of research into ceramics, and they have a future in a lot of the machines we use today. Ceramic bearings, in some cases, will outlast steel alloy bearings.

Ceramic coatings are also awesome... NASA uses the crap out'a them.

Dude... don't even start with all that...

That's been beat to death too... :rolleyes:

Gary

Dude... don't even start with all that...

That's been beat to death too... :rolleyes:

Gary

I'm not starting anything... Ceramics are a viable product. If people want to avoid them because they're old school--that's fine. I have done the research, I know they don't have "ghosts in them", and they won't "turn your saw into a zombie".

If were going to cut thru the crap, we can't be posting stuff based on emotion and "it's true, cause I heard it from my neighbors, sisters, girlfriends, dog."

I'm not starting anything... Ceramics are a viable product. If people want to avoid them because they're old school--that's fine. I have done the research, I know they don't have "ghosts in them", and they won't "turn your saw into a zombie".

If were going to cut thru the crap, we can't be posting stuff based on emotion and "it's true, cause I heard it from my neighbors, sisters, girlfriends, dog."

Ok, so you are running ceramics in your saw? That's what I thought.

As for I heard it from my neighbors, sisters, girlfriends, dog, I think we have heard directly from the horses mouth here on this thread, twice in fact. Beyond that, the marguay 192 incident is well know to those that have been around, it's know to quite a few...it might even still be online somewhere. Ask around

I think it's time for someone else to jump in here with something really pertinent to say on the subject.

I'm just not that guy...

Then start another "ceramics" thread... YAY! :clap:

Gary

Ok, so you are running ceramics in your saw? That's what I thought.

As for I heard it from my neighbors, sisters, girlfriends, dog, I think we have heard directly from the horses mouth here on this thread, twice in fact. Beyond that, the marguay 192 incident is well know to those that have been around, it's know to quite a few...it might even still be online somewhere. Ask around

Dean's inability to correctly apply a technology detracts from that technologies viability how?

And how would you know what I run in my saws?.. That's what I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back